she will always have me

age: 16

-

WANDA's POV

"Hey!" I greet my teen cheerfully after she strolls into the kitchen, where I'm making breakfast for her. But my smile soon fades when I notice her tired eyes. "You don't look so good, sweetheart. Are you feeling okay? Did you not sleep well?"

She shakes her head, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and unscrewing the cap before taking a small sip.

"I was sleeping on and off, I probably only got about two hours in total. I don't wanna sound like I'm making excuses, but-"

"Yes, you are staying off school today. Absolutely. Not a problem."

Sending me a grateful smile, she makes her way to one of the kitchen stools and takes a seat until her food is ready and I pass it over to her on a plate.

"As much as I appreciate this," she starts, "I actually feel really nauseous right now. It looks really good, though."

That's odd. It's rare that Y/N ever gets sick and the last time she had a stomach bug was only about a year ago.

Without hesitation, I press the back of my hand against her forehead to see if she has a temperature and she doesn't.

"You're not warm, hon. Are you dehydrated at all?" I ask and play with her hair from where I'm standing beside the stool she's in.

"No," she answers quietly, taking some deep breaths to make the sick feeling go away.

"Could it be your period due?"

I see her shoulders tense up at the mention of her period, she freezes.

I can only assume why.

"Y/N?" I say, pushing her to answer me for now my anxiety has kicked in alongside my worry for my daughter.

"Hang on," I tell her before pulling out my phone from my pocket and going to our recent messages. "Here, you texted me last week that you wanted to go to the store for tampons and snacks because your period was due on the nineteenth. It's the twenty-fifth. You have gotten your period... haven't you?

When I go ten seconds without an answer, I sigh and place a hand on my girl's shoulder.

"Darling, you need to take a test. I know that you've been sexually active with a couple of boys lately so this is the responsible thing to do."

She freaks out at first, of course she does. But eventually, she realizes that I'm right and allows me to give her a test to take.

I wait outside the bathroom while she takes it and I'm invited back in around three minutes later, where I see Y/N sat on the edge of the bathtub, rocking herself back and forth.

"Hey," I coo, wrapping an arm around her. "Whatever happens, and whatever you decide to do, I'm gonna be here," I reassure her, wanting her to know that she's never alone. She will always have me.

Breaking us from the silence, her phone alarm goes off and startles us. She reaches over to turn it off and in the process, gets a glimpse of the pregnancy test she took a few minutes prior.

"Um," she whimpers, her voice wavering.

That gives me a good idea of what the result is.

"No, no, I-I can't. I don't... I want this to all just disappear, I'm sixteen, I'm just a kid," she panics, speaking rapidly as she paces back and forth and plays with her hands anxiously.

I quickly stand up and stop her by engulfing her in my arms. She takes the hug and melts into me as she continues to list every possible thought in her head right now.

All I do is listen. I listen for at least two hours, stroking her hair back to help calm her down and occasionally chiming in with an 'it's okay' or a 'don't feel like you don't have any options.'

"I'm really scared," she admits, raising her head to look at me in the eyes. "What do I do?"

"Well, honey, only you get to make that choice," I explain, holding her hand as I walk her into my bedroom and onto my bed with me. "I know you come to me for guidance, and I will always be here to help you navigate through something, but this is a decision in which I'm not allowed to have a say."

She nods, clearly not happy with the fact that I won't advise her on anything to do with this situation.

"I just don't think that I'm at a point in my life where I could take care of and raise a child. So I think... I think I might have to get a... y-you know."

I nod, "I do. And 'abortion' isn't a bad word, Y/N. You're allowed to say it without being ashamed."

-

icl i didnt really know where i was going with this😭 but i wanted to write sooo