my sweet girl

age: 12

-

Y/N's POV

"Alright, my little angel, I hope you have such a wonderful day and I'll be back to pick you up later," my mom says with a smile on her face.

I smile back and lean forward to give her a hug, "Thank you, mama! I love you."

"I love you, too, sweetheart. Hurry along now before you're late."

After saying one last goodbye, I get out of the car with my backpack and wave as she drives away.

My next stop is to English class first thing. I love English, it's by far my favorite subject.

"Hi, Miss Miller!" I cheerfully greet my teacher. As usual, I'm first to this class since everyone else - including my friends, tend to put it off as long as possible.

"Hey there, Y/N!" she says back with the same enthusiasm. "How's your weekend been, my dear?"

This is why she's my favorite teacher. I absolutely love being called pet names, they make me feel so special. Especially when my mama does it.

"It was really good, I did a lot of baking with my mom. How was yours?"

We talk for another few minutes until everyone else comes in and it's time for silent reading.

The rest of my day goes really well. And finally, it's lunchtime.

I love lunchtime, because I get to spend it with all of my friends.

Once we've all said our hello's and found a place under a tree to sit, we get out our food and phones and mess around for a while before finally deciding that it's time to eat.

When I open up my lunchbox, I see that there's a small note tucked in there and when I open it up, it reads: 'I love you so much, my sweet baby girl. I hope you're having a good day and even if you're not, I'm proud of you xx'

"What's that, Y/N?" one of my friends asks me, I show her the note and it's passed around between the five of them.

"Your mom still calls you baby names?" one of them asks with disgust. I look at her in confusion.

"She calls me pet names, I think they're sweet," I answer, suddenly feeling very shy.

"Y/N, come on. You're twelve, not two," another one says, just before they all burst out laughing.

-

Now that it's the end of the school day, I walk out to the front of the building and over to mom's car, pushing the tears away.

I open the door and get in the passenger seat, ignoring everything that my mom is saying to me as I fasten my seatbelt.

"What's got you all sad, bubba?" she asks, only enraging me further.

"Stop calling me stupid pet names! I'm nearly a teenager," I raise my voice at her, she looks at me like I've just lost my mind.

"Um... okay," she hesitantly replies. "Y/N it is now from on."

And she meant it, too.

For the past week, all she's done is call me by my name and I'm starting to hate it.

Of course I still want her to call me pet names, I just don't want to be made fun of by my friends.

"Mama?" I quietly say as I join her on the sofa on this lazy Saturday morning.

"Yes, Y/N?"

God I hate it when she uses my actual name.

"I think I want you to start calling me pet names again."

She turns slightly to face me, "I thought you didn't like when I call you pet names."

Smart-ass.

"I do, I really do like it! I love the name 'darling'. Sometimes I wanna legally change my name to 'darling' just so I can hear it all the time. I just said that I didn't like it because my friends were mean about it."

"Well then maybe you need to find yourself some better friends, darling," she tells me, making me feel better at the use of the name.

I then crawl onto her lap and hug her tightly. "I love you so much."

She sighs and wraps her arms around me. "I love you, too, my sweet girl."

-

it's 7am it's so early i wanna cry