don't finish that sentence

warnings: mentions of alcohol and vomit

age: 15

-

WANDA's POV

Compared to other moms, I'd say I have a pretty chill way of parenting.

Y/N doesn't have many rules, she's earned my trust enough that I don't feel the need to be extremely controlling or put loads of boundaries in place. She has a very good sense of right and wrong.

Hence why I let her go to a party tonight.

It's her friend Abby's birthday, and I was warned that there would likely be alcohol. But even the fact that Y/N told me that truthfully means I felt able to let her go still. Sometimes she's more sensible than me.

I don't have a huge problem with her drinking, she's tried a few things here and there with me in a safe environment, and I'm sure her auntie Nat has snuck in a few sips of wine for her behind my back. If she decides to have a glass of vodka or two tonight, then I won't be angry, despite her only being fifteen years old. She knows her body and her limits.

If she has a massive hangover tomorrow, then she'll learn on her own how much is too much.

There's only one matter of concern right now, the party was supposed to end at midnight, it's currently three in the morning and I am fuming.

Not necessarily because I'm mad at Y/N for not being home on time, but just because I'm worried. She was at a party with over one hundred other teenagers. I'm allowing her to have the teenage life I never got to experience but coming home later than expected is taking advantage of the freedom I provide her. I know she knows that.

Even worse is that she isn't answering her phone, I must've left fifty voicemails and texts.

Just as I'm about to ring her again, I suddenly hear a loud thump from outside my apartment door.

Only one guess as to who that is.

Not to any surprise at all, the first thing I see when I open the door is Y/N laying down on the floor, talking to herself about something to do with Taylor Swift.

Finally, she notices me towering over her.

"Oh my god, heyyy," she slurs drunkenly, not making any move to get up. I hope she isn't waking up the neighbors.

"What time do you call this, young lady?!" is the first thing I ask, but I try not to make it sound too harsh.

"You tell me," she backchats, attempting to pull herself up with the help of the radiator, but of course fails miserably.

"Wow. Your first time getting completely wasted. You loving it?" I ask teasingly, knowing she's gonna have a pounding headache all day tomorrow.

Y/N completely ignores my question and stumbles her way standing.

"Woah, your breath stinks!" I exclaim, the all too well known stench of tequila coming from her semi-open mouth.

"Well excuse me but yours doesn't exactly smell minty fresh either," she sasses back, grabbing onto me so she doesn't fall over on our way back into the apartment.

"Baby, we should really get you to bed and-"

"I'm gonna be sick!"

I'm cut off when she runs off to the closest bathroom, which just so happens to be mine, and throws her head over the toilet bowl to start gagging.

"Oh dear," I sigh, jogging after her and kneeling down behind her. She instantly grabs my hand and places it on her back, signaling that she wants me to rub it to calm her down. Of course I start on that straight away, as well as putting her hair in a low ponytail with a hair tie that was on my wrist. "Hon, you didn't take food from anyone you don't know, did you?" I ask worriedly, just to assure myself that it isn't anything more serious than a drunken situation.