all of you is beautiful

request: mxth3a

warnings: people being nasty

age: 11

wandanat x daughter, mom is wanda and mama is nat

-

Y/N's POV

"Baby, come on. Time to go inside," my mom tells me, waiting for me to step inside the building.

School isn't easy for any child, but it makes it harder when you were born with a cleft lip which surgery hasn't done a good job of hiding. I now just have this scar running from the top of my lip up to my nose and not a day goes by where someone doesn't comment on it.

I haven't told my moms about it yet because all that'll do is make them sad, and I never want them to be sad.

So like usual, I'm just deciding to put up with it. My moms taught me to be strong and stand up for myself, but it's easier said than done.

Once I get inside and into my seat, it doesn't even take ten minutes for the comments to start. This must be a record.

"What's wrong with your lip?"

"You look so weird."

"Ew, what's wrong with your face?"

This is gonna be a long day.

-

Given the remarks I've been receiving for the past six hours, I'm exhausted, and very emotionally beaten up. To the point where by the time I get home, I instantly run into my mama and she lifts me up into her arms without hesitation once she realizes I'm crying.

"Hey," she speaks softly, "What's wrong, baby?"

I can't even answer her, I feel like all my energy has been wasted on giving people explanations all day.

"Tasha?" I hear mom say as she enters the room. "Oh. Oh no," she frowns and walks over when she sees me hidden into mama's neck as I continue to sob profusely. "What's going on? Did something happen at school?"

For the next half hour at least, I spend my time in both of my mothers' arms as we all sit on the couch together, me on mama's lap and mom rubbing my back in comforting circles.

When I'm all cried out, I lift my head up slightly before laying it sideways on mama's shoulder.

"You two told me I was beautiful," I sniffle, "Why did you lie to me?"

Despite my eyes still being blurry from the tears, I catch mom (since she's the only one in my view right now) give mama a sad look. This is why I never said anything.

"Y/N... baby, we never lie to you," mom tells me, sounding sort of offended. "You're such a beautiful girl! Why don't you think we're telling the truth?"

Feeling too ashamed to talk, I shrug and relax further into mama's arms.

"Detka, what's going on? We can't help unless you tell us," mama joins in on the attempts to persuade me to open up.

Eventually, I do.

"My lip... it looks weird."

The reaction I get in response is almost enough to bring me to tears again.

Mama stands up with me in her arms still, mom following behind as I'm carried into their bedroom. We stop just in front of a mirror and mama turns me around so that she's holding me with my back to her front.

Mom is standing beside us, one hand resting on mama's back and the other underneath my chin to keep me looking into the mirror since I'm trying to look away.

"Look at yourself, Y/N," mom demands, firmly yet softly. "Really look at yourself. You are beautiful. That scar on your lip is beautiful. All of you is beautiful. All that little scar means is that you went through something that not everyone else went through. That's all there is to it, but it doesn't take away from your beauty. Do you understand?"

Sometimes it's hard to believe what my moms say, especially when others say something completely different. But why would I believe the people I haven't even spoken to that much compared to the people that are raising me?

"Yeah," I reply quietly, a small smile forming on my face. I can always count on my moms to cheer me up.

-

correct me if i'm wrong, but a child should not have to feel relieved when their family leaves them home alone for a few hours