i'm right here

part 2 to 'i need you to not hate me' since it was requested a lot<3

warnings: slight mentions of vomit

-

WANDA's POV

2 months

This pregnancy so far has taken quite a big toll on Y/N. Mentally, she's doing okay. Physically, the poor girl is exhausted.

When she told the baby's father, he decided not to have anything to do with it. I understand that he's scared since he's just a child himself, but I was hoping that he would step up since it was his sperm that released into her.

But either way, she has me. And I'm not letting her do this alone. I fully believe that she is capable of doing such an incredible thing.

"Mom!" a pained cry calls out to me from my daughter's bathroom. Yep, seven a.m. on the dot. As per usual.

"I'm here, baby," I reassure her once I see her head hanging over the toilet and sit down behind her to rub her back until she stops being sick. "You all done?" I ask, getting ready to help lift her up.

She nods and I help her stand up and get her a glass of water to wash out the taste, but it seems going back to bed is more important since I now see her face pressed against her pillow.

3 months

Today is Y/N's first ever ultrasound! I'm gonna be able to see my little grandbaby for the first time. She hasn't wanted to get one so far since she was scared. But now that she's at twelve weeks, we're also able to find out the gender today.

She isn't very keen on the idea of having a big gender reveal party, so we're keeping it intimate and just between the two of us.

"I'm nervous," she admits to me as we're waiting inside the room for a doctor to come in.

"Don't be nervous, my love. You're getting to see your baby, this is exciting!"

Once all the checks have been done by the doctor and she's reassured us that everything is how it should be, Y/N is then asked if she wants to know the sex of the baby. She quickly says yes and within the next minute, we're told what she's having.

"A boy?" she asks for confirmation, her eyes filling up with tears of happiness. "Mom," she turns her head to me, "I'm having a boy," she smiles, grabbing my hand as she continues to grin like a happy mama.

"That's amazing, Y/N," I agree with her, my own eyes starting to water.

4 months

"Woah Nelly! Have you grown overnight?" I ask with a slight chuckle as I can start to see a small baby bump through her tank top.

"Hey," she whines, dragging out the 'ey' before a tear slips out of her left eye.

"Oh, Y/N," I coo, trying hard not to laugh at her crazy hormones as I bring her into my arms. "I didn't mean it like that, honey. I just meant that you're finally showing. That's so good! It's a very good thing and you look beautiful."

7 months

"Mom! Mom, I think the baby's coming!" my daughter frantically yells as she walks up to me in the kitchen.

"Sweetheart, you're only seven months. I'm sure this is just braxton hicks. Come to the sofa with me and you can breathe through it, okay?"

Still panicked, she follows me into the living room and onto the couch, where she grabs onto me for dear life.

"Shit," she swears under her breath, squeezing my hand so firmly that it feels like she's breaking it. "It doesn't hurt as much as it feels tight, but it certainly isn't pain-free."

"Yeah, I can imagine," I say softly, keeping up the slow rubbing actions of my thumb on her knuckles.

9 months

About eight hours ago now, Y/N's water broke. She was completely freaked out and was practically having a panic attack on the drive over here.

But now she's almost fully dilated, and a lot more calm since she's had her epidural.

"Ah," I suddenly hear her quietly whimper, sitting up slightly from what I can only imagine is an intense pain. Her contractions have been awful.

"Hey, lovey," I coo, standing up and walking over to her to hold her hand and rub her back as she attempts to breathe through it.

"M-mama... he's coming, it's time," she rushes out, writhing about in the bed from pain.

I quickly call the nurse back in here who checks if Y/N really is ready, and she is.

Holy shit. My child is about to have one of her own.

Within minutes, her doctor is in here and prepping for the birth, all the while my daughter is trying to keep me as close to her as possible.

"Mom, it hurts," she cries after attempting a few pushes following the doctor's orders.

"Shh, I know, honey, I know. I'm right here," I reassure her and continue to coach her through it.

Nothing works to calm her down until I'm sat behind her, my legs on either side of her body as she rests against my chest and keeps doing what she can to deliver her baby.

An hour later, an exhausted teenager, a stressed out doctor and a mom with a numb hand, the sound of a shrill cry finally fills the room and Y/N relaxes her entire body.

She made it.

newborn

"Hey, Pietro," I whisper to my grandson, picking him up from his crib to settle him since he's woken up from his sleep and I want Y/N to get some rest. "You're so beautiful, bubba," I gush over him, bouncing him ever so slightly in my arms until he's quiet again.

She named him after my brother, and that is something that makes my heart very happy.

-

thought the ending was cute🫶🏻