you're not a fun drunk

warnings: alcohol mentions

age: 16

-

WANDA's POV

"Can I try some alcohol?" aren't exactly the words I was expecting to come out of my teen's mouth this evening. Especially not halfway through movie night.

Taken aback by the question, I pause the television and turn to look at my daughter.

"With me? I don't see why not. You're in a safe place to try. Can I ask why the sudden interest in drinking?"

Clearly not expecting such an agreement of an answer, Y/N looks at me strangely before finally replying to my question.

"I don't know. I mean, I'm getting older, you know?"

I sigh in realization that my baby girl is all grown up. "That you are. Anything in particular you wanted to try?"

"Well, one of my friends had a gin and tonic the other day. Can I try that?"

Jesus christ this girl is hitting the hard stuff already.

"Okay," I nod, "It's your first ever drink, though, so it might make you feel a little woozy," I warn and get up to make the drink. When I return, the TV is already playing again and Y/N takes the glass from my hand, starting off with a small sip.

"Wow," she says, coughing ever so slightly. "That's... wow."

I chuckle slightly at her response, "What do you think?"

"It's okay," she casually replies, turning her attention back to our movie and continuing to take small sips, until eventually they turn into bigger gulps.

Before I know it, she's finished the entire glass.

"Can I have another?" she asks as if it's the most normal question for one to ask their mother.

"Jeez louise! Are you insatiable or what?" I joke, taking her glass for a refill and handing it back to her. She immediately chugs half the glass. "Easy, Y/N. Pace yourself, it's not going anywhere and you don't wanna do too much too soon."

Completely ignoring what I'm saying, she once again downs the glass and places it onto the coffee table.

"Okay, that's enough for tonight," I tell her, deciding to draw the line here and knowing full well that she'll start to feel the effect soon.

For the next twenty minutes or so, we finish off the episode of Gilmore Girls we're watching and Y/N lets me know how it's going with her new-found experience.

"Mom, my head hurts really bad," she complains, pressing the bridge of her nose between her thumb and forefinger.

"God dammit. You're not a fun drunk."

I thought she'd be at least somewhat like me when I'm drunk, because I'm a hoot and every single Avenger will tell you that.

"Sorry," she chuckles, positioning herself to lay her head on my lap.

Not wanting to get up and disturb her, I use my magic to bring over a bottle of water and screw off the cap so she can sober up a little before bed.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be much of a drinker," she says, sounding awfully tired.

Well thank god for that.

-

my dad and i had a very productive conversation about scarlett johansson's boobs today.