y/n, do not

age: 16

-

Y/N's POV

With my mother being the stubborn donkey she is (which yes, is the insult I'm choosing to use) she won't let me go on a walk with her.

Of course, the fractured foot probably weighs in on that decision, but I have crutches so I can still come with her.

That is, if she decides to let me.

"Please, mama," I beg for the billionth time. The word 'please' must be replaying in her brain by now.

"No," she repeats. That seems to be her favorite thing to say at the minute.

"Come on! I wanna go on a walk."

Walks have always been our thing. It's our way of dealing with both of our anxiety, and it works well. Plus I love spending that time with her.

"You're injured, honey. You need to rest," she insists, gently helping me to sit on the sofa. "I won't even go. We can stay in together and watch something, yeah?"

As appealing as that sounds, I'd still rather be going on my walk.

"Whatever. Ah, fucking hell!" I exclaim after a particularly painful movement of my foot occurs. That's probably why the doctor told me not to move it too much.

Mama sighs as she joins me sitting down. "This is why you can't go on a walk, silly. What would we do if you fell over, hm?"

She has a point, but that doesn't make me any more okay with the fact I can't go out.

For now, mom simply sticks the TV on to Brooklyn Nine-Nine since I can't get enough of that show. Good thing I'm gonna have plenty of time to watch it now.

"You know, if you weren't stupid enough to fracture your foot in the first place, we would be able to go out as normal."

I send her daggers at the remark. She knows that I mentally curse myself for how it happened every moment of every day.

You see, it went a little something like this:

"Y/N, downstairs now!" mom calls to me from the bottom of the steps, hands on hips as she waits for me to hurry down.

I've been on my phone in my bedroom for the whole day and now she wants us to go out to the store.

I, however, do not feel like going to the store. But there isn't much haggling when it comes to mama Wanda.

Very begrudgingly, I take step down before pausing a deciding to do something a little different, instead.

"Oh god," mom says as she comes to a realization of my plan. I smirk since I know it'll scare her shitless. "Y/N, do not!"

Instead of listening to her, I sit myself on the banister and lift my hands, sliding down quickly.

Too quick, apparently. Because now, I've landed my entire body on top of my foot after coming flying off the end.

-

short one but hope you enjoy:))