i didn't mean it

part two to 'you don't mean that'

warnings: talks of eating disorders and purging, self harm

-

WANDA's POV

Weeks go by of Y/N not saying a word to me. She doesn't even look in my direction anymore when we cross paths.

She's mostly in her bedroom these days, so that hasn't changed. But Steve, Clint, and Natasha have also become a part of her support system. Clint and Nat found out on their own, and Y/N just accepted their help.

I have to admit that I'm missing that darling girl so much. I feel as though I've completely failed her these past few weeks.

The worst part of all of this is that I don't have a clue what's going on in her head. I don't know if she's being safe or if she's planning anything dangerous, and Nat told me she isn't really opening up to any of them.

I need to know she's okay.

So, I've decided today is the day. I'm going to walk into her room whether she likes it or not and demand she talk to me.

Except, now that I'm standing at her bedroom door, I've become hesitant.

Come on, Wanda. You can do this.

Taking a deep breath, I grab onto the door handle and push the door open with force.

You know when you care about someone so much and so deeply, that the moment you find out something terrible is happening to them, your heart feels like it's stopped entirely?

Well that's how I feel right now.

Perhaps I was expecting her to be laying on her bed, watching something on her iPad or maybe just asleep. That's what I would like her to be doing, anyway. But instead, she's sat on her bed, in her underwear and bra, carving away at her left thigh.

That's not even the most upsetting thing. I can also see how thin she's gotten. That's not the body of someone who's been tube fed for two weeks. That's the body of someone who's been removing their tube after each feed and purging.

"Y/N..." I merely whisper. She isn't even shocked, she doesn't care. She just slowly turns her head to look at me sadly.

Oh how dark her eyes have gotten. They're painful to look into.

Figuring that now isn't the time to talk, I silently walk over to her bed and take the blade she's using out of her hand. She lets it go easily, I don't think she wants to be doing this despite how much she thinks she needs to.

I quickly go into her bathroom and flush it down the toilet without another glance. I just want it gone.

But unexpectedly, when I come out of the bathroom, I see another one in her hand and watch as she starts digging into her skin again.

"My god, Y/N. How many of these do you have?" I ask rhetorically, taking this other one away from her too and doing the same as I did the previous time.

Thankfully, she doesn't seem to have any others.

"That was mine," she says calmly. Too calm.

"You shouldn't even be in possession of these things, kid. Where did you even- you know what, doesn't matter. Are you okay?"

She goes quiet again. Oh yeah, I'm just about her least favorite person on the planet right now.

"Fine. Don't talk," I huff frustratedly and walk straight back into the bathroom to grab a towel before bringing it out with me and placing it against her thigh. She winces at the pressure I'm applying, but lets me keep it there nonetheless.