they're so annoying

age: 14

billy & tommy's age: 9

-

WANDA's POV

Despite how much others would complain, having a deaf daughter to me isn't an issue. I only wish she could hear things like she used to be able to, before the accident that caused her to lose her hearing.

She's only been unable to hear for just under two years now, so we're both still learning ways to communicate and as for learning sign language, we've come pretty far. Some things still are hard for us to remember, but we're both patient enough to keep trying.

Like every other day, Y/N arrives home from school at four o'clock due to her taking her time walking back with her friends, who have very kindly learnt as many words and phrases in sign as they could. At school, Y/N also has a teaching assistant who helps her understand the work since she can't audibly listen to it.

Her cochlear implant will sometimes help her be able to make out certain sounds, but she tends not to wear it an awful lot since she simply doesn't like it.

'Hey, Y/N,' I sign, mouthing the words as I sign them. 'How was your day?'

She sighs heavily before signing, 'Long. Yours?'

'Me, too. Come here.'

Expecting that she'll want a little cuddle after a stressful day, I open up my arms which she immediately walks into and rests her head on my shoulder.

'I love you so much, baby,' I sign to her once we pull apart. Then my husband walks in and has a quick conversation in the form of hand gestures before Vision walks off again to do something else.

For another couple of minutes, our time is spent in silence as Y/N puts the TV on with no volume, but reading from the subtitles.

As I get nearer to finishing making dinner, the boys start making more and more racket upstairs, until they come running down and make my poor daughter jump by sneaking up on her. Sometimes they take advantage of the fact that she can't hear them, it makes my heart hurt.

"Boys!" I raise my voice. Y/N is now close to tears because she really hates being startled. "You know not to do that. Go back upstairs right now," I tell them firmly, and they go running.

Knowing that she needs it, I sit down beside my daughter and give her a big hug to help calm her down. Once she settles, I slowly pull away and sign to her, 'Are you okay, sweetheart?'

Nodding her head, she replies, 'Yeah. They're so annoying.'

I let out a small chuckle at her words, seeing that she's smiling too.

'Agreed. I'm sorry they scared you. Wanna get payback?'

She nods rapidly, liking the idea of scaring her brothers.

Safe to say, the twins weren't impressed with the raw eggs we mixed into their orange juice at dinner...

-

was another request <3