my little beauty

age: 3

-

WANDA's POV

"Mama, mama!" I hear my demanding toddler call to me from upstairs. She went down for her nap about an hour ago so I was expecting her to wake up any minute now.

Turning the television off, I stand up and make my way to Y/N's bedroom.

"Hi, baby girl! Did you have a good nap?" I ask and pick her up from her bed to hold her close to my chest.

Still drowsy, she gives me a little nod and starts closing her eyes again.

"Sweetheart, sleepy time is over," I tell her gently, knowing that if I let her sleep again now, she won't go down for bed later.

"Tired," she whispers, reaching behind me for her pacifier resting on top of the drawers. I quickly grab it for her and she sticks it in her mouth as I also pick up her safety blanket so she can snuggle with it downstairs.

Once I've made sure she doesn't need a diaper change, I bring us back downstairs with her still in my arms and settle down on the couch.

"Mama," I hear her say through her pacifier, just as she flops back from my chest and into my lap, pulling down on my t-shirt.

"Baby, I'm gonna make dinner soon. No milk right now."

Clearly, that answer isn't well-received as I'm sent a harsh glare. Seeing her all grumpy is so cute - she thinks she looks angry but really she just looks adorable. It takes my greatest efforts not to laugh.

"I want milk!" she demands, trying even harder to pull my tee down.

A lot of mothers would've stopped breastfeeding by now, but some do continue and both me and Y/N find it to be a relaxing thing between us, and the bonding time is something neither of us are quite ready to give up yet.

We don't do it an awful lot, anyway. Just mainly when she wakes up or before she goes to sleep.

"Y/N/N, stop, please," I tell her softly, taking my tone firmer when she doesn't listen. "Stop. I mean it."

All of a sudden, her bottom lip starts quivering and she spits out her pacifier to let a piercing shriek fill the room.

I cringe at the sound and quickly shove the pacifier back into her mouth as the tears continue to fall.

"Shh, it's okay, babylove," I coo, standing up and walking around the room with her in my arms, bouncing her up and down slightly to help soothe. "There we go, everything's fine."

Once she's finally calm again, I keep her head against my chest as I sit back down again. But this time, I comply with her needs and take my top off.

She's a lot more happy now that she has what she wants and doesn't waste another second before latching on.

As soon as she's had enough and has pulled away, I pull my top back over my head and hold my baby as we watch TV together.

"Mama, you're so beautiful," she tells me with a large grin on her face, making my heart absolutely melt.

"You're so beautiful, baby," I reply and watch as she squeals happily, wriggling around from me reciprocating the compliment. "I love you, my little beauty."

She does an adorable giggle in response. "Love you, mama."

-

here have a dinosaur 🦖