i'm sorry i wasn't there to protect you

age: 16

-

WANDA's POV

"Hey, beautiful," I greet my lovely daughter as she walks into my office at home. She has sort of a nervous look about her.

"Hi," she mumbles quietly, making me furrow my brows at her odd behavior.

"Is... everything okay?" I ask in a confused manner, pushing myself back on my desk chair so that I can face her.

"Um. N-not really. I mean, yeah, but you might have a different opinion."

Sensing that this might be a conversation I'll want to be close to my child for, I walk over to the small couch and pat the space beside me for her to sit in.

Once we're both seated and Y/N has taken a couple deep breaths, she starts talking again.

"So obviously I wanna be completely honest with you because that's just how we've always been, but please don't yell because-"

"Baby," I cut her off, "When have you ever known me to yell at you?"

She chuckles awkwardly. "Yeah, you're right. But this situation may be different."

"Different how?"

There's a few moments of silence between us as she searches for her words. Do I want to know what's going on? Yes. But I'm here to hold a safe place for her no matter what, so I'll continue waiting quietly for her to be ready.

"It's kind of a never-ending story, you'll probably be angry at first, then likely shocked. And then... even more shocked. Okay, here goes." She clears her throat. "I was pressured into having sex with this guy in my school even though I'm not attracted to him at all because I'm not exactly... into guys."

Y/N then pauses, and I take a second to gather my thoughts. I can tell she's on the edge of her seat, waiting to hear what I have to say.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel right now. On one hand, I just got told that my daughter was practically forced to do something against her will. But on the other, she's told me some news that makes me happy about the fact that she knows her true self.

"Okay, uh... when you say you were pressured-" I start, but she interrupts.

"He told all his friends that he was gonna sleep with me that night and him and his friends didn't leave me alone until I said yes. From there, he didn't bother asking me if I was comfortable with doing anything. But it doesn't really count so, you know."

"Y/N, don't," I tell her, holding onto her hand tightly. "It absolutely counts. If you didn't give him a clear 'yes' the first time he asked and if they kept begging you, that is assault and harassment. We're gonna get this sorted, okay? I promise."

In an appreciative manner, she nods her head before her eyes turn sad again.

"What about the whole me being a lesbian thing?"

"Oh, sweetheart. I don't care about that. You love whoever the hell you want to love. I'm just concerned about the other thing right now."

That's when she goes anxious again. And so do I.

"And, um," she whispers, "I'm... pregnant." My heart drops at the statement, especially since she didn't even want to do what that boy made her do in the first place. "A-actually, I was pregnant. I went to a small clinic who gave a free abortion."

Taking it all in, I place a hand on the back of the couch to ground myself. I have no problem with the fact that Y/N terminated the pregnancy, I just wish I was there with her to support her and hold her hand.

Snapping myself out of my shock, I turn my focus back to Y/N, who's close to tears.

"How are you feeling about everything?" I ask softly, wanting to just scoop her up into my lap like I would when she was a little girl.

"Overwhelmed," she answers after blowing out a significant amount of air.

It isn't much longer before her tears actually do fall from her eyes and I'm no longer able to resist the temptation. I gently place my hands on either side of her body and lift her up onto my lap, holding onto my baby for dear life.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, lightly crying myself. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I've got you now, shh, mama's got you."