it was just a mistake

warnings: mention of car accident

age: 18

-

WANDA's POV

It's not often that I worry about Y/N since most of the time, she's the sensible one out of the two of us.

But when she calls me to tell me that she's gotten into a fender bender, I do worry.

Around fifteen minutes ago, my daughter called me to let me know that she got into a small car accident with someone else. No one was badly injured, but I could hear in her voice that she's a little shaken up.

I'm expecting her home any minute now. Apparently, it was only a small collision and the other driver drove off without even getting out to check for any damage. Y/N did, though. And thankfully, the only thing wrong with her car now is a few scratches and a bit of a dent.

She said she didn't feel safe enough to drive herself back so she called one of her friends who lived just down the road from where the accident happened and she's driving her back, instead.

After waiting anxiously in the foyer ever since she called me, I finally hear the keys rattling around in the door and a few seconds later, my daughter walks in with a spacey look about her. She must be in a lot of shock right now.

"Heya, honey," I greet her in a quiet voice, she smiles weakly at me before shutting the door behind her and taking her shoes off. "Are you okay? Are you hurt at all? In any pain?"

"My neck is a bit stiff. Must've jarred it," she answers, "My hip, too."

I pout sympathetically at her as I walk forward and gently place my palm against her cheek, rubbing it over with my thumb.

"You look really pale, baby," I tell her after taking note of the tint her face has taken. "I think you're just in a bit of shock. Let's get you on the couch, yeah?"

Without verbally responding to me, Y/N lets me guide her into the living room via my hand dragging her arm and I help get her comfortable onto our couch.

The first thing I do after that is ensure that she isn't in any serious pain. I know she said her neck and hip hurt but sometimes when you're in shock, the pain doesn't seem so intense. I suppose we'll see how that pans out.

"How are you feeling emotionally about this, babe?" I ask her without wanting to push her. It takes her some time to actually acknowledge my question but when she does, she starts to think about her answer.

"I think the accident was my fault?" she replies, but phrases it as more of a question, like she's unsure of how it happened.

"Why do you say that, sweetheart?"

I highly doubt my kid would be the cause of a car accident but even if she was, these things happen.

"I don't think I was looking where I was going," she admits as she starts to shiver. I pick up a small throw blanket that's been dumped onto the floor at some point and cover her up.

"Whether you were paying attention or not, it was just a mistake. You're not the first person to get into a car accident, sweetheart. It's okay."

It seems that she can't even listen to what I'm saying. She's just too distracted by what happened.

But I also don't want to risk missing something.

"Honey, we're just gonna take a quick trip to the hospital, okay? I want you checked over, just in case. I'll grab you your favorite blanket and a few of your things and we'll go."