you can still live a good life

age: 16

-

WANDA's POV

Having to see my daughter in pain most days due to her scoliosis is hard, most mothers don't ever want their child hurting, and it hurts me to see Y/N having such a difficult time.

Right now, I'm currently helping her to stretch as she's on the floor on a yoga mat, her hands and knees on the ground as one of my hands rests lightly on her back and the other on her stomach. I'm just keeping her supported as she slowly arches and relaxes her back, occasionally switching to leg raises when she gets tired out.

Most if not all of our mornings start off with me helping her to stretch, it helps prevent her back from stiffening up and while it does cause her quite a bit of pain, she tends to feel better afterwards.

"There we go, all done," I say softly, watching as she lets her body drop to the floor. "I'm just gonna lift your t-shirt up, bubba," I warn her before slowly doing as said and grabbing the roll-on heating gel to rub on her back to help soothe it slightly.

Y/N clearly appreciates it as she sighs in relief and reaches her hand over to mine to hold. I do, and continue using the gel on her back until she says she's had enough and I help her to stand up.

She's never had any type of surgery before since hers isn't deemed 'severe enough', but it sure as hell puts her in a lot of pain on some days.

"How about we go on a walk in a few minutes, sweetheart?" I suggest, getting us both a glass of water.

"But, mom, it hurts really bad today."

One of the worst things about all of this is the flare-ups. It just makes the pain increase tenfold.

"I know. But we need to keep your mobility up. How are we feeling about having your back brace on today, my love?"

Her doctor recommended that she tries wearing it for as long as she can every day, but she still finds it uncomfortable and has done with every single one she's tried.

"Do I have to?" she asks, groaning.

"I think it would be for the best, but I won't force you."

Personally, I really want her to wear it since I don't want her spine to curve any more than it is. But I know that I can't make her.

"Fine," she answers reluctantly, a tear slipping from her eye as she leans into me for a cuddle.

"Aw, I'm sorry, baby girl. I know it hurts tremendously and I truly do solute you for being able to put up with that. You're so strong. So strong. You're doing so good, Y/N. Every day is a struggle for you, but you can still live a good life."

-

this was short but since i don't have experience with this, i wasn't sure what else to write exactly haha. it was a request and like i said, im not too educated in this condition but i did some research and looked at some peoples daily routines with scoliosis so i hope this is somewhat accurate<3