what was i made for

"i'm sorry! i tried to be better, i really tried! i didn't mean to do it again, i tried so hard!"

"shh, shh. no one's angry at you, y/n. it was a relapse, it happens."

here i sit on the bathroom floor with my daughter on my lap, her arm all bloodied and messy.

she did it again. i didn't think she would ever do it again.

but that isn't reason to start panicking.

she needs me. she needs someone to rely on right now.

"mama!" she wails. "why did i do it? why did i do it?! it hurts!"

"i know, i know it hurts, baby. if you just let me get this cleaned up and bandaged then we can get you some pain medicine and get you out of danger."

she stays silent so i take it as my cue to just stand up and lift her from the floor, placing her on the closed toilet lid before going into the cabinet and bringing out the antiseptic wipes and bandages.

this brings back memories of when she used to do it.

her arm covered in blood and it dripping onto these very bathroom tiles. the products that we haven't had to use for over two-hundred days. i thought we were past this.

we both stay silent as i disinfect her arm and wrap it semi-tightly in a bandage. when that's taken care of, i watch as she takes two ibuprofen pills to help with the stinging.

i carry her to my bedroom and lay her down on my bed. her sleep schedule has been so chaotic lately so she's constantly exhausted.

"mama," she whimpers when i crawl into bed and under the duvet next to her. "i wish i didn't do it."

with a sigh, i wrap my arms around her and hold her. "i know. you tried so hard, and i know that. it just got too much."

-

idk what this is tbf

wanda x daughter one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें