i fucking hate her

age: 15

not wanda's daughter

-

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, what happened, sweetheart?"

Like most days, I'm round my aunt Wanda's house after asking her to collect me from my own.

I suppose my mother has never really been my mother. Or maybe she has, but she's a shitty one. And it's not even like I can complain to anyone because she feeds me, I get almost anything physically that I need or want. But she isn't someone who I trust and certainly not someone who I love.

What is love, anyway? Maybe if were shown it by my mom, I would know.

She used to be somewhat tolerable. But when her husband, my dad, Pietro, died, something switched in her.

"She's just being her usual asshole self," I cry into my aunt as she rubs my back softly and attempts to keep the peace. These days, she's the only reason I'm still alive.

"Okay, darling. Well you can stay here for tonight and I'll drop you back home tomorrow when you're ready."

"Nooo," I whine, clutching onto her tighter. "Don't make me go back there. I hate her. I fucking hate her."

"Y/N," she says in a warning tone before her eyes soften again. "Sweetheart, I know it's hard and I know that you hate her, but I can't keep you here with me. You are welcome any time and you know that, but you're not being abused, baby. Therefore, I can't just take you in. I'm not asking you to have a good relationship with your mother, because we both know that ship has sailed, I'm just wanting you to understand that until you are eighteen, you have to stay there. Got it?"

Sighing in defeat, I rise to my feet and walk away, heading for the guest bedroom. Before I can get inside, I see that my younger cousins have clearly gotten into all the things I keep here. This is practically my second house.

Stupid eleven year old twins. It's a good thing they're at school right now or I would be yelling at them.

"Wanda!" I call out, once again on the brink of tears. Within seconds, she's standing beside me and taking a look over the room.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize they were even in here. I tell them to stay out all the time but clearly they didn't get the memo," she apologizes, placing a hand on my shoulder.

It's at that moment when I turn my body around and lean into her for a hug. We stand there for at least two minutes, her arms wrapped tightly around my body and I lean my head on her warm chest.

When I finally pull away, I see her looking down at me sadly. I simply look away and step into the room, starting to tidy up all of my belongings that are scattered across the floor.

-

gone 3 days without posting so figured it was timeeeee

side note - i truly hate this one shot