it happens

warnings: arguing

age: 16

-

WANDA's POV

"I am not being ridiculous, you are being ridiculous."

"I am not! You're just being unfair."

There's a reason no one has ever said that raising a teenager is easy, and that is because they can be the most disrespectful and rude people at times.

Normally, Y/N is an absolute pleasure to be around. She's kind, funny, helpful. But she's fiery, which can be her worst and best trait.

"Y/N, I already told you why you can't go out with your friends right now. It's late and you have a test to study for. I'm sorry if it seems harsh but you already knew that I would say no."

By this point, my girl has tears streaming down her face, along with mascara streaks.

"Not everything has to be about school! Why don't you let me have a break?!" she screams in my face, getting more worked up by the minute.

"Come on, you know that's not fair. I let you take a day off from school every few weeks so that you can have a day to focus on you, sometimes two days in a row if you need it. I'm trying here, Y/N."

Shaking her head, she covers her mouth with her hand as she tries to muffle another sob.

"School is too hard! I'm sick of it! Why don't you even try to help me?! Why can't you listen to me? Why do I have to be stuck with you as my mother?"

She said it. The one thing I've always feared. Not being a good enough mom to my child.

Do I really upset her that much?

"Y/N/N," I gasp softly, feeling a great deal of emotion rising in me.

"That wasn't... I-I didn't mean to... I need some help calming down. Can I please have a hug?"

Despite my angry and hurt state right now, I do say yes because withholding comfort is something I will never do to my child, no matter what she says or does to me.

"Of course you can. Come here," I sigh and open up my arms. She immediately falls into them and starts sobbing loudly against my chest, making my own body jolt with the force of her cries.

It doesn't matter that we were quite literally yelling in each other's faces a moment ago, because now it's my job to help placate my daughter.

"Shh, sweetheart, it's okay. I've got you, you're not in trouble. It was just a fight, it happens," I gently reassure her, walking us over to the couch and sitting down with her in my lap.

"I'm really sorry," she whispers, the tears finally running out as she leans against my collarbone. "I didn't mean it at all. You do help me and listen, you do it every day."

What she said wasn't nice, but I can't stay mad at her. She was angry, and a lot of people say things they don't mean when they're angry.

-

this one was pretty random, but have it anyway