i hate when this happens

warnings: i guess anger and violence

age: 16

-

Y/N's POV

The longer I try and get this drawing right, the more stressed I become. The more stressed I become, the more I feel myself about to blow up on someone.

I'm in the lounge and everyone is talking. Why can't they just shut up? Sam's laugh is annoying me, the way Natasha is playing with the ends of her hair is annoying me, the way my mom is talking so loud is annoying me. It's all too much.

As I progressively get angrier and angrier, the stronger the urge to hit something or someone becomes. I can practically feel it in my hands. The way they're clenching into fists, ready to punch the next person who pisses me off.

And all because I can't get this stupid drawing done. It really is the little things that set me off.

It isn't long until I've pressed my pencil too hard into the paper, breaking the lead.

Great. There goes that.

Why can't anyone see how much they're all bothering me? They ruin everything!

"Can you all just shut the fuck up?!" I yell, silencing everyone's conversations and causing them to all turn their heads towards me.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" my mom questions, her head tilting in confusion.

"You're all just so loud and you never shut up! Why can't you guys do anything right?!" I shout, my voice echoing around the room.

When I stop to look at everyone's faces, they all look saddened, as well as confused.

God dammit, Y/N. You sure know how to take the fun out of everything.

"Fuck this."

With that, I storm out of the room, flipping over a small side table on my way out.

WANDA's POV

"What the hell was that about?" Tony asks, just as everyone looks at me for answers.

"Is she on her period or something?" Bucky joins in with the questioning.

"Can it, you two," Nat tells them, "Just because a girl is mad, doesn't automatically mean she's on her period."

Whilst they're all discussing the situation, I myself am trying to process what just happened.

Y/N has moments sometimes - outbursts, if you will. I'm not sure why they happen, she isn't, either. All I know is that she can turn angry in an instant and it's hard to bring her back down from it.

Without excusing myself, I simply stand up and leave the room in search of my daughter. She can be angry all she wants, I'm not one to tell her she can't feel what she needs to feel. I just need to make sure that she's being safe.

For the next twenty minutes, I peek through Y/N's half open door, not interrupting her but still watching to ensure she isn't doing anything dangerous with her anger.

And then it comes to her punching her wall over and over, making dent after dent after dent. This is where I step in.

"Y/N," I say softly, not wanting to spook her nor wanting her to smack me in the face if I just went up to her unannounced.

Just as she's about to slam her fist into the wall again, I grab her arms and restrain her from behind.

"Off!" she screams, struggling so much to get out of my hold, but I only squeeze her tighter. Sometimes the pressure can help her to calm.

"Shh, Y/N, settle down for me," I tell her softly, worrying that I'm going to have to end up using my powers to get her to keep still. "Honey, honey, slow down. I know you're angry but you're hurting yourself."

Her grunts and groans are the only sounds filling the room as she fights against me. She continues to fight, hitting me, yelling at me, until finally she goes limp in my arms and lets me hold her.

"I hate when this happens, mama," she cries, the frustration turning into sadness.

"I know, sweetheart. I'm gonna help you, I promise. Let me take a look at your hand."

When she tries to move it, she ends up crying out in pain. That's when I know she's injured herself.

Carrying her bridal style, I take her down to medical and hold her as she gets her hand wrapped up.

-

reminder that anger issues or anger outbursts do not make you a bad person🫶🏻

also reminder that there's only 22 one shots left in this book🥲 HOWEVER i have 2 new lizzie fics coming<3