i believe you

warnings: heavy mentions of sexual assault

age: 17

-

WANDA's POV

With Y/N being seventeen and coming up for an adult, she's been doing a lot more grown up things lately. Including going to parties.

I don't have a problem with her going to them. She knows when too much is too much and will come home to spend the rest of the evening with me if she gets tired or just doesn't feel like being there anymore.

But normally in those situations, she comes home around eight or nine o'clock at night. Not five o'clock like right now.

"Hi, sweets. What are you doing home so early?" I query from my place on the couch.

"What?" she asks, looking up at me. "Oh, uh, I j-just wanted to come back early, no biggie."

Something doesn't feel right, and it's against my motherly instincts not to pry a little more. But then again, she's nearly an adult and would probably tell me if there was something going on.

"Okay. Well, you're more than welcome to come watch something with me," I offer, patting the sofa space next to me.

She quickly declines and jogs up the stairs to her bedroom.

Five minutes later, I hear the shower start to run.

That's odd. Y/N already showered this morning. Perhaps she just wants to get the party smell off of her.

But how could that be? She was only gone for an hour, if that.

Something isn't right here, and I need to find out what. So despite her being in the shower, I walk upstairs and to the bathroom, where I knock on the door only to hear muffled sobs coming from inside.

"Y/N?!" I say, concerned. "Hon, what's going on? Are you okay?!"

Getting nothing in response is what's scaring me the most right now. I don't want to just barge in whilst she's naked, that would be violating her privacy completely.

At least, that's what the rational part of my brain is telling me. The motherly part is telling me something else entirely.

Fighting with a few different thoughts, I decide to shut them up by using my magic to unlock the door and pushing it open with force.

It horrifies me to see my daughter sitting on the floor of the shower, scrubbing so harshly at her skin with a washcloth and crying so hard that she'll make herself sick if she doesn't stop.

Her skin has literally turned a hot pink at the harshness of friction against it.

"Hey. Y/N, hey," I say to her as softly as I can, rushing over to take the washcloth out of her hand. I don't even care that I'm getting soaked by the shower. I need to help my baby. "Bubbie, can you talk to me? Can you tell me what happened?"

Instead of answering, she quickly curls up into my chest and rests there as she cries. I accept the situation and sit there underneath the still running water and just hold my girl for the next few hours until by the time it hits the third, she's all cried out and exhausted.

"Are we all calm now?" I question, my voice being the only thing breaking the silence since I turned off the water two hours ago. We're both now cold and shivering messes, but both of us are too riled up to care.

Too spent to answer, she nods against me and weakly adjusts herself so her head is just under my chin.

"Baby, I need you to do something really brave right now, okay?" I start, "I need you to tell mama what happened and why I found you the way I did."

After a few more moments of nothing, Y/N then explains everything in a raspy voice.

"I told him no," she adds on, "But he just kept pressing and pressing and he made me."

It isn't long before both of us are in tears again.

"I don't like the feel of his skin on mine. I want it off," she wails, trying to scratch at her skin, but I stop her.

"No, no, don't hurt yourself, angel. You're not gonna ruin yourself over him. Now I need you to please cooperate with me on this; I'm gonna call the police and-"

"Mama, no!" she yells. "They won't believe me. No one fucking believes me!"

"Y/N," I stop her and pull her head off of my body so I can look her in the eye. "I believe you. I believe you so much. What do you need? What will help you?"

After thinking for a little while, she eventually looks up at me and tells me her answer.

"Cry."

Nodding, I say, "Okay. I can deal with crying. But how about we get out of the shower first and get all cozied up in my bed?"

"I don't wanna walk," she tells me tiredly so instead, I hook one of my arms underneath the crook of her knees, and my other to support her back as I lift her off the shower floor and carry her into my room.

I make sure to get us dried off and changed into some comfier clothes before we get into my bed.

"Oh, bubba. You're so cold," I comment once I'm settled next to her and can feel the chill from her body. I quickly pull more of the blanket over us and hold her tightly.

"Please don't ever let me go out again," I hear my daughter whisper, more tears slipping from her eyes.

"Honey, you won't always be terrified of going out. I know it's scary and I know right now it's a big shock, but I do promise that eventually you can work up the courage to leave the house again. It's not something you have to think about right now, but do you think you may benefit from seeing a therapist who can help you through this?"

I feel her head shake 'no' against me.

"Okay, sweets. Just let me know if you change your mind. I love you."

"I love you, too."

-

this is awful and short but it's what you're getting so enjoy