all grown up

age: 16

-

Y/N's POV

"Come onnn, just tell me why you're so smiley!"

"No, this conversation is over."

As I attempt to shut my bedroom door, a foot next to the doorframe causes resistance.

"Nice try, sucker."

Here's the deal. I've been out for a couple hours with some friends. And I may or may not have gotten a little close with one of them and... it led somewhere.

"Why won't you tell me why you're so happy? You're usually tired after being out with your friends," she says as she tries to suss me out. "Tell me or I'll read your mind."

Of course she'd pull that card. No getting out of it now.

"First of all, not fair. Second of all, can we sit down for this conversation?"

When she nods, we both take a seat on my bed, facing opposite each other.

"... Are you gonna say anything or?" mom asks, dragging the 'r'.

I take a deep breath, steadying myself before sharing the news.

"Mom, I... I kissed someone," I tell her honestly and watch as her face goes through about thirty different expressions at once.

Finally, she smiles.

"Your first kiss! Aww, my little baby is all grown up," she squeals, pinching my cheeks as if I'm a young child.

"Mom!" I complain, smacking her hands away.

"What? Mama bear can't be a little upset that her girl is growing up so fast?"

I roll my eyes and chuckle slightly at her antics.

"Tell me all about it, I need the juicy details," she decides, making herself comfortable on my bed. "What's his name?"

"Uh oh, hesitance," she says suspiciously before gasping loudly, "You made out with a girl! Yes, my daughter's gay!"

"Mom! We did not make out and I am not gay. I'm just... thinking. Experimenting, if you will. God, that sounds cringey out loud."

It seems that she really isn't bothered about the fact that it was with a girl, which I'm relieved about. I didn't think she would disapprove, but the reassurance is nice.

For at least the next hour, she goes rambling on about how I'm growing up too fast and that she wants me to stay as her little best friend forever.