[16]: Just Best Friends

**Thank you @MYAH_1953 for my lovely banner**

I had barely made it outside to the picnic benches when I felt someone grab my arm; pulling me to a halt.

Spinning my head I saw Ash staring at me confused. "Lou what's wrong?"

Looking up at him my heart hurts, I want to be with him so badly but I honestly don't think I could ever reveal my feeling for him without ruining what we have. I can already feel that something has changed between us, but I don't know yet if that's for the better or worse.

"You're crying," Ash whispers pulling me towards him and wrapping his arms protectively around me. "Lou what's wrong? Tell me."

"What happened last night Ash?" I quietly ask, pulling away from him slightly.

I see confusion take over his face, his right hand moving to scratch the back of his neck. He was nervous.

"You were drunk." He says as I sit down on the top of the picnic table; he comes to sit beside me.

"I know I was drunk; and I know I rang you to come pick me up."

"Yea, you thought I was a taxi firm." He says smiling.

"Well you did come pick me up so I rang the right person." I reply nudging his shoulder lightly.

"You always know you can ring me Lou, I'll always come get you."

"I know." I sigh, "Anyway stop changing the subject. What happened?"

I look towards him and his eyes are cast downwards. "Well..."

"Well..." I reply prompting him, I wanted to know if what I remembered was correct, or if I made it up.

"We got to your room, about to get ready for bed and you were all feisty about being drunk and being allowed to go to a party."

"I remember that."

"You almost face-planted the floor but I saved you. You were in your bikini, me in my boxers..."

"Yea..." I whisper, I wanted to hear him say that we'd kissed.

"You were checking me out, being so obvious about it. You were biting your lip, whilst your eyes lit up as they traced my body. My body felt on fire as if I could literally feel what part of my body you were looking at." He gulped. I looked up at him and he had his eyes closed, as if he was picturing it all happening again in his head.

"I said you looked nice and it was like something inside you flipped and you kissed me."

So I kissed him first, dammit. Stupid alcohol.

"You kissed me back though." I whispered.

"I know I did." He says turning his head to look at me.

Something flickered in his eyes the moment they met mine, but it didn't last long enough for me to decipher what it meant.

"Shit it was so hot Lou," he says running his hands through his hair, gripping it. "You were making all these little moaning noises."

"Shhh will you." I say smacking his arm lightly; I didn't need the whole damn college knowing what had happened.

"Sorry." He says with the cutest smile on his face. "But you were, and I know we're best friends and we don't do that kinda thing but it wasn't like he hadn't kissed before, but it was better because I wasn't drunk this time. I could remember it."

Oh my god he liked kissing me.

"So why did you say it was a mistake Ash?"

"I didn't." He says twisting to look at me.