[30]: BFF Timeout!

**Thank you @The_Glitter_Lion for my banner**

I went from hurt and upset; to hurt and absolutely bloody livid in that split second.

His hand flew to his marked cheek as I stepped further away from him. His eyes filled with shock and I could see regret all over his face.

"Who are you and what the hell have you done with my best friend?" I ask, my eyes filling with tears, shaking my head and holding my hands out front to keep him away.

"Lou..." Ash starts saying softly but I cut him off.

"What happened to the lad who would watch The Notebook with me every Friday night because it was my favourite and never moan that we watched it over and over, but would quote it along with me? Where is the lad that threw up after eating too much candy floss at the funfair with me? Where is my BEST FRIEND who teased the hell out of me for falling off his bed and breaking my fucking wrist?" I say shouting at him pointing at my cast. "Where has he gone? Because I miss him and I want him back. Not this dickhead you've replaced him with."

"Lou..." he says walking towards me but I hold my hand up to stop him again. I needed distance from him right now.

"Don't Ash."

I saw my phone light up on the side, so I broke my eye contact with him and I walked past him and picked it up.

I take a calming breath to compose myself before answering.

"Hey Elliot."

"Hey, I just wanted to check that everything was okay over there with you and Ash."

I glanced over to see that Ash was stood glaring at my phone.

"I duno right now, we're talking everything through."

"Don't let Tina ruin your friendship Lyd. Don't let her win."

I hiccup a sob away that was attempting to break free just thinking about how much I'd already lost my best friend to that bitch.

"I'm trying. It's just hard."

"I know, but you's will be okay. You're best friends."

"I hope so, thanks Ell."

"You're welcome babe; well that was what I was calling for really. I'll see you in the morning?"

"Okay, yea meet me at the car; you can be my knight in shining armour again." I chuckle down the phone, wiping away the tears from my cheeks.

"Always ready to help my damsel in distress. Night babe."

"Night."

I hang up and put my phone down again to see Ash smirking.

"What now?" I say looking at him.

"Your knight in shining armour..." he says laughing. "More like a tosser in tin foil."

My jaw dropped open at that comment, Elliot had been nothing but nice to Ash since he'd started college.

"What the fuck Ash?"

"What?"

"What the hell has Elliot ever done to you? There was no need for that."

"Nothing; I'm just not a huge fan of the guy."

"Oh my god, you're such a hypocrite." I say glaring at him.

He didn't say anything but raised an eyebrow at me.