[21]: Setting Rumours Straight & Shocking Announcements

**Thank you @morgan28 for the lovely banner**

Monday mornings tend to suck in general, but this week mine was worse than usual. I had Rachel blabbing her mouth off to anyone who would listen, about how I was some frigid bitch and how she'd been more than happy to shag my boyfriend seeing as I wouldn't.

I just rolled my eyes at her as her and her friends pointed and giggled as I walked past them in the hallway. I knew what had happened and so did my friends. That was all that mattered.

That morning in class, Kelly, one of the more popular girls in college, but not one of Rachel's minions came and asked me if I was okay because of what Rachel was saying. Instead of just nodding and telling her I was fine, I filled her in on what actually happened. Her face was priceless.

"Oh my god, she's such a hoe. Who actually goes after someone for revenge?" She says shocked and I nod in agreement.

"Tell me about it, I didn't do anything to her in the first place but she seems to have this vendetta against me."

"Don't worry, karma will get her eventually. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay. What she's saying is horrible."

"Thanks Kelly, I'm okay. It's her that looks pathetic not me."

She went back to her work and I saw her pull her phone out, no doubt texting her friends what she'd heard. She was a nice girl but loved to know what was going on with everyone, so I can't say I was surprised when she came over to speak to me wanting to know the gossip.

The rest of the day passed rather quickly, with Ash dropping me off at mine before heading out with Tina. She wanted him to make it up to her for me 'stealing' him over the weekend.

I rolled my eyes at him but held my tongue from actually ranting to him about her, he knew how I felt and I wasn't letting her win by arguing with my best friend.

Tuesday was pretty much the same as Monday, apart from people were talking about Rachel and not me. Kelly and her friends must have put everyone straight with what actually happened on the weekend. It only happened four days previous but it feels like it happened a while ago.  I think I saw her face turn bright red and steam come out of her ears as I walked into the diner at lunch and passed where she was sat.

I was laughing with Ayla when I heard her shout after me. "I don't know why you're making up all these lies about me Lyd. It wasn't my fault Chase came to me looking for something you wouldn't give him."

The diner seemed to quieten down rather quickly as she shouted that after me. I saw Ayla spin on her heels to face her and open her mouth to reply when I placed a hand on her arm to stop her.

"Rachel, seriously, get over yourself. You're nothing but some cheap, spiteful bitch. I know what actually happened with Chase and so do you and it doesn't leave you in a very good light. I'm guessing the majority of people think they know what happened but unless you want the whole of the college to actually know what happened, I'd keep your mouth shut."

"Oh please. Rachel was just doing Chase a favour. You weren't giving your boyfriend what he wanted so he went to Rachel who was more than happy to help him out. You're nothing but some stuck up, frigid bitch. No wonder Chase went looking somewhere else." Nina, one of her minions says loudly, making the canteen buzz with mummers.

"Oh really, that's what happened?" Ayla says and Nina nods enthusiastically.

"Right, okay. Nina you weren't there, so I'll fill you in on all the little details that your leader missed out on, so you don't make a bigger fool of yourself sticking up for her." I say coming to stand right in front of her. "Chase is one of Rachel's brother friends. I met him on New Year's Eve and yes we kissed. No big deal. Then as you remember not long after we came back after Christmas holidays, Ash, my best friend, dumped Rachel because she was being a complete bitch to me. Her own fault; not mine. But in Rachel's twisted mind this was somehow my fault that Ash had dumped her and went after me for revenge. She knew that Chase fancied her, so she used it for her own benefit and promised him they could be together if he did this little thing for her. It just happened to be a bonus for her that I already knew Chase. She asked Chase to pursue me and seduce me, to break my heart; all as payback for Ash humiliating her in front of everyone. I found all this out after I walked in on them having sex, not long after I was in there myself with Chase; and no I didn't sleep with him." I say to her, loud enough for the majority of the diner to hear as well. "So there you have it, I'm not some frigid bitch. I'm just not the type of girl who shags any guy who shows her a slight bit of interest. I have respect for myself, unlike some people we know."