[78]: And The Internship Goes To...

**Thank you @Moonlight_Potterhead for my lovely banner**

"I didn't take it. I wouldn't. Lydia you have to believe me...miss you have to believe me, I didn't do it."

"I don't have to do anything Melanie. Tina said the exact same thing to me earlier, when she had taken Lydia's dress." Mrs Tudor says with a thunderous look on her face. "I was serious when I said I will disqualify anyone who enters another designers pod this evening under any circumstances."

"I know you were...but I didn't. I didn't have time to go to the toilet or get a drink tonight, so how would I have time to go into her pod and take Lydia's skirt? Miss please, I wouldn't do anything to sabotage another girl here tonight."

"You already did Melanie." Mrs Tudor says and Mel's face looked as puzzled as mine did. "At the beginning of the evening, you tried to get Lydia kicked out of the show, telling me that you wanted her disqualified for going into your pod." Mrs Tudor says raising an eyebrow suspiciously in her direction.

"Okay I admit to stirring up unnecessary trouble earlier, Nina was saying how it wasn't right that she'd been allowed in my pod and I should complain about her and get her disqualified...but miss I didn't do this." Mel whispers slumping her shoulders, sounding defeated. "I didn't."

I didn't know what to say at this point, or what to believe. I didn't have any problem with Mel until recently when she befriended Nina. Still don't know why she turned against me. I was stood with Ash, Ayla, Lois, Georgia and Dana. Rosie had gone to fill Christina and my family in on what was going on.

"Well who did then?" Ayla asks

"I don't know."

"Who were your models tonight Mel?" I ask and she turns to look at me with tears dripping down her cheeks.

"Erm...I had my sister Clare, Nina and Joel."

Nina or Joel. It had to be one of them. Nina was one of Rachel's minions and Joel...well Joel is just a twat.

"I bet it was Joel." Ayla says turning towards me.

"You think?" I say and she nods.

"What was he snidely saying to you earlier by the stage about Ash being back with Tina and that you'd be split up by the end of tonight?"

"He said what?" Ash says from behind me.

"It's a long story, but he was saying stuff like Tina's gona steal you back and that I wouldn't be with you by the end of tonight. I mean I knew he never really liked me, but he's your friend, I don't get why he'd say stuff like that about us."

"He was saying stuff about you earlier." Mel says still sniffing back her tears. "He really doesn't like you for some reason Lydia."

"Do you think he could have done this?" Ash asks looking shocked. "I've known Joel for years; he's one of my boys. He wouldn't do this...he'd know how pissed off I'd be if anyone did anything to hurt Lou."

"I think he could, you didn't hear the venom in his voice earlier Ash. He really doesn't like you and Lydia being together." Ayla says and Ash sighs.

"Then maybe it was him."

"Well it's all well passing the blame to someone else when they're not here to defend themselves, but right now it's you who is still in trouble Melanie."

"I didn't do this miss, I know I've been acting differently lately but I'd never do something like this when it can ruin everything I've worked towards in college. It's not worth it."

"Yea well we all know why you've been acting differently, especially towards Lyd." Lois says coming to stand in front of Mel. "You're new BFF Nina is responsible. What lies has she been whispering in your ear to poison you against Lydia and change the way you act towards her."