[23]: Apologies & Confessions

**Thank you @MADDY_CHITTY for my lovely banner**

I woke up the next morning with my head on Ashton chest. He was still fast asleep thank god. I didn't want to talk about last night with him, I'd heard enough excuses from him mouth and I didn't need to hear any more.

"It shouldn't have happened."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't know what came over me."

"I don't want to lose you as my best friend."

"Please forgive me, it was a mistake."

Like I needed to hear another reason why he didn't want me.

I carefully slid out of my bed without waking him and head to my en-suite, with my outfit for today in my arms. Locking the door, I shower quickly before changing. Quietly opening the bathroom door I see that Ash is still asleep so grabbing my hair can of moose and my make-up bag; I run back to the bathroom. I swear this is the quickest I've ever got ready in my life. Ten minutes later my hair was braided across the front of my head with the rest scrunched into cute wavy curls and my make-up was decent enough for college.

I put everything away, grab my bag and head downstairs, leaving Ash in my room. Christina was in the kitchen when I got in there eating her cereal.

"Where's the fire?" She asks as I hurry around the room looking for something, anything to quickly eat.

"Nowhere, just need something to eat quickly before I leave."

"Mum bought brioche yesterday, chocolate chip, your favourite." She smiles passing them to me from the side.

"Thank you." I smile grabbing two and a bottle of water.

"So who was in your room last night?" She asks stopping me in my tracks as I head out the room.

"What do you mean?" I ask turning to face her.

"I just...heard a few things, that's all."

"It was just Ash. We had an argument, that's what you probably heard. Sorry for waking you up."

"Oh I wasn't asleep, and what I heard wasn't arguing."

My heart was pounding in my chest; she couldn't know what went on with me and Ash.

"What did you hear then?" I ask, dreading her answer.

"Oh you know what I heard; I'm only on the other side of your bedroom wall."

I groaned, closing my eyes, I couldn't deal with this right now. "Can we talk about this later; there are too many ears around right now."

"Yea sure, I wasn't going to say anything to anyone anyway."

"Thanks Chris." I smile at her

"Is Ash still upstairs?"

"Yea, I need to get to college now so I don't want to wake him. Can you just make sure he's up and ready in time if he doesn't wake up soon." I say and she nods in reply before I head out.

I usually got a lift in with Ash but I wasn't waiting for him today and as I was early and it's a nice day, I decided to walk. I needed to clear my head before college and before I saw him again; figure out that I'd say to him.

Pulling my head phones out my bag I plug them into my phone. I was half way to college when my phone vibrated.

[Thanks for waking me up!]

No kisses. He was pissed.

Oh well, I'd deal with him later. I was about to put my phone away when it vibrated again in my hand.