[81]: The Calm Before The Storm

**Thank you @Loulidity for my lovely banner**

"What's this?"

"Oh that. Nothing for you to think about." He says grinning closing the window and placing my laptop on the floor.

"What do you mean, nothing for me to think about? Were those what I think they were?" I ask turning on my knees to face him.

A quick push on my shoulders and I'm flat on my back with him lying on top of me, just like last night. Gently wiping the loose hair from my face he smiles down at me. "Like I said, nothing for you to think about."

"But..." I say and he silences me with a kiss.

"Your mum just got me thinking with what she said last night and I just went on there to look at what was out there."

"So they were engagement rings." I say breathlessly.

My emotions were everywhere right now, what was he saying?

"Maybe...but I was only looking."

"Only looking..." I repeat and he nods.

My heart was pounding so hard in my chest right now I swear Ash would be able to feel it.

"I wasn't buying anything."

"Okay."

I know I love Ash with my whole heart, body and soul. I know that...and I know that he's all I want...that'll I'll ever want. He's it for me. But the thought of being engaged right now scared me; we were only nineteen, it wasn't something I was thinking about or in the neighbourhood of thinking about yet. I mean it was something I wanted in the future, along with a house of our own and kids, but not now...not yet. However, knowing we were on the same page, that we both wanted this in our future comforted me.

"I mean we've only been dating for a couple of months...although I have known you my whole life. Anyway, we're still young...we're only nineteen, we've got the rest of our lives to look forward to all that."

"I know."

"You want all that though right? Everything your mum was talking about last night...getting married; having children...you want that? With me?" he asks nervously.

"Every last bit. I couldn't imagine being with or having a life with anyone else."

"Me neither...you mean everything to me Lou. I hope you know that." He whispers and I nod.

I felt tears escape my eyes and hide in my hair as I gazed up at my best friend. "I do." I choke out. "You're IT for me too Ash, I want everything with you."

The way he was looking at me right now made me forget everything I was scared about, I had nothing to be afraid of. I don't even know why I was scared in the first place. I was his...and he was mine. Forever.

"I know just said it was all for our future..." he says quietly. His eyes lock with mine and they're filled with as much love and affection as I know he can see in mine. "...But if I were to ask you to marry me right now...would you?"

"In a heartbeat." I reply without even thinking for a second about the answer.

His lips covered mine as my arms lock behind his neck, keeping him close. I didn't need an engagement ring to know how he felt about me or to cement our futures together. I knew what we both felt was real and was going to last.

Soon enough our pizza had arrived and Ash went downstairs to grab it, as I went to the bathroom to sort my face out. I felt a little gross from crying earlier, so I quickly rinsed my face before heading back into my room and set up the DVD player.