26

"Julia?" Jenna asked gently as I sobbed into my pillow. "Go away." I sobbed as the door opened. "What did he do to you, Jule?" She asked and came to sit on the bed.

"Nothing. He didn't do anything." I said and sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Obviously he did something. You've been crying all night, I'm not stupid." She said gently.

It was true that I have been nonstop crying all night. I didn't even realize that the sun was up I was that upset.

"Just talk to me." Jenna said quietly. "I think I've gone crazy." I whimpered, sitting up. "You're not crazy, Julia." Jenna said with a sigh.

"I'm pushing him away because I'm scared." I admitted as she scratched my back gently. "Why? You know you love him. There was a point that it was almost disgusting." She said with a laugh.

"You'll never understand what's happening. I just don't know if Colby and I are gonna last." I said with a frown.

"Why won't I understand? Because I'm a kid? I'll have you know that I'm basically a teenager." She said as I laughed a watery laugh.

"Not even close." I said then had a whiff of something burning.

"What is burning?" I asked with wide eyes, bolting up. "Uhhh...." Jenna said as I ran out of the room and towards the kitchen.

"Water, Sam! WATER." Carter said frantically as I rushed into the room. "What is happening?!" I gasped, looking around the smoky kitchen.

"We were trying to make you breakfast and it went wrong." Sam said as Carter stood in front of a pan that was on fire.

"Move!" I yelled and ran towards it, grabbing the pan and throwing it into the sink and turning the water on.

"Open a window, please." I said with a sigh as the fire alarm blared. "Sorry, Jule.." Carter said as I shook my head.

"I appreciate the effort. I really do." I said then looked at my siblings as I fanned the smoky air around me.

Juniper was sitting with her hands covering her eyes as tears filled her eyes. She didnt have the typical spark that she always did.

Sam and Carter had a guilty look on their faces. I wasn't mad at them though because it wasn't like I ever taugh them how to cook.

Jenna was opening the window, looking at me with sad eyes.

"Come here." I said quietly and opened my arms as soon as the fire alarm turned off.

"Are you mad?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "Not at all." I said as they all stepped into my embrace.

"We just wanted to make you breakfast." Carter said as I sighed. "Thanks guys. I'm sorry for leaving you high and dry last night." I said with a sigh.

I didn't even realize how much time had gone by since Colby left last night. My poor siblings had to fend for themselves while I tended to my shattered heart.

Some things never change.

"Sissy...is Colby gone forever?" Juniper asked causing me to frown. "It's complicated." I said and crouched down to be her level.

"I don't want him to go." She whispered as I nodded. "I know..I don't want him to either." I said and brushed her hair behind her ear.

"What happened last night?" Sam asked as I stood up so I could clean up the kitchen.

"Why don't you guys go to the living room, I'll make us some breakfast then I'll explain." I said and started cleaning.

"We can help you." Carter said as I shook my head. "It's okay, just go ahead and go to the living room." I said as they nodded and turned to leave the room.