83

I thought the last time I was forced to be in Pops' gang was bad.

I thought what he put me through was as bad as it could get.

I was wrong.

The past two weeks felt like five hundred years. I was exhausted from doing this with little to no sleep, while I simultaneously was growing a literal human in my belly.

I was starting to pop out to the point where it was really getting noticeable. I was absolutely terrified about that fact considering it would quickly become a target.

That was the worst thing that could happen.

Right now I was literally sprinting down an alleyway since someone was chasing me after a drug deal went wrong.

I apparently walked into a meeting that I wasn't supposed to be walking into.

This triggered them to start to chase after me which triggered me to kill one of them.

I was in a pretty fucked up situation.

"Fuck." I whispered as I tried to pull my keys out of my pocket while keeping myself armed.

"Get her." I heard someone say directly behind me, causing me to whip around and shoot him in the head.

The way he flopped back reminded me of the first time I killed someone.

I remembered how badly it hurt to betray myself like that. Now I felt nothing.

I was mindlessly killing people like Colby said I never would.

I even killed him.

Before I could really react to the dead body in front of me, I heard gunshots echoing from down the alleyway.

"Fuck me." I grumbled then kept running until I reached my car.

I quickly unlocked it, hearing more gunshots. All the adrenaline coursed through my veins as I started the car and sped down the road.

I felt horrible for putting the baby under so much stress but I was trying to keep myself as calm as possible.

I put my hand on my belly and looked out the rearview mirror, seeing someone was following.

"God damnit!" I hissed and took a sharp left turn, trying to keep the car in control. I wasn't the best at high speed chases like Colby was.

He was methodical and careful while driving at insane speeds and getting away from the bad guys.

I needed him now.

I started to panic slightly as the car got closer to me, ramming into me. "Fuck." I hissed and stepped on the gas.

The car followed closely for only a couple more seconds before it was swerving out of control.

"Thank god." I whispered and continued driving back to Pops' house.

I feel like I've been getting lucky when it came to these missions. Mostly because I haven't died when I probably should have a couple times.

Everything was still so scary though considering I didn't know when the end was.

I knew Pops was going to push me until I either broke or died. If we were being honestly I was close at this point.

I was close to giving up and just surrendering.

When I got back to the house I made my way inside and towards my room.

Pops was expecting me to come and report back to him but after the events that just occurred, I just wanted to be left alone.