80

"What do you think?" Pops asked as I crossed my arms. "I don't know." I said simply. I didn't know what to do because last time I tried to be responsible with making him sign a contract.

We see how well that worked for me.

Granted, it was my mistake last time since I told Nate about the contract. I wouldn't have been able to do that last mission without him though.

"Do you understand the power I hold, Juliana?" He asked and leaned back.

"One single phone call and that safe place you have the kids in will be infiltrated. Every person you love will meet the same fate Colby did." He explained nonchalantly.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, my eyes watering.

"Because, Juliana. You have to learn that you were born to do this. People are holding you back." He said as I breathed a laugh.

"I don't want anything to do with this world. I just want to raise my siblings and be left alone. I don't want to follow in my father's footsteps." I said as he chuckled.

"Then why would you get yourself so involved in the game? If you wanted to live a normal life you should have been more careful." He hummed as I rolled my eyes.

"I tried to have a normal life! Colby and I were hours away from it all, trying our best and you couldn't stop yourself from ruining my life!" I cried out.

"If you would have just fucked off and minded your business Colby would still be here!" I yelled.

"Juliana, enough." He said and pulled a gun out, pointing it at me. "I've grown impatient. You either do it my way or not at all." He said with a menacing tone. Part of me wanted him to just kill me now.

It was the part of me that so desperately missed Colby. The part of me that wanted to be dead so I wouldn't have to live with the pain anymore.

The other part of me knew I needed to live for my brothers and sisters and for the baby inside of me.

"You have to promise." I said quietly. "Promise what?" He asked as I stared at him.

"You won't hurt anyone I love and you won't make me hurt them either." I said as he pursed his lips.

"I won't hurt the kids, or your little gang friends. You'll be my prisoner though so you can't stay with them." He explained as my face fell. "You'll stay here." He said then held his hand out.

"Do we have a deal?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Let me at least say goodbye. I won't tell them anything other than I'll be away." I said as he nodded. "Deal." He said then held his hand out more.

"How long will I be here?" I asked as he shrugged.

"For as long as I need you. As long as you're here though, I promise to stay away from everyone." He said as I nodded. "Swear on your life." I said as he chuckled.

"I swear on my life." He said as I reluctantly took his hand, shaking it.

I already regretted it so much, because I knew the kids would be terrified of me being away like this.

Sam and the others would be pissed that I made this decision without them.

I possibly just fucked up really bad.

"You'll have an hour to get things situated but I expect you back here promptly." He said as I nodded.

I felt numb as I made my way out of the house and towards the car. Knowing that I had to say goodbye and hope that I wouldn't get killed in process of being away.