117

Colby's POV

"Woah. Do we have a plan or what?" Sam asked as I shook my head. "I don't even know how to get in but Julia needs us." I said and quickly made my way to one of the doors.

"Colby." Sam said and grabbed my shoulder. "What, Sam?!" I snapped, turning towards him. "Think about this for just a second." He said with a serious tone.

I knew he was right but my Julia was on the line here and there was nothing that was gonna stop me.

Not even her.

She was going to be pissed at me for not listening to her and not trusting her.

It wasn't that I wasn't able to trust her it was that I cared so deeply about her that I would do anything to help her.

"There's no time." I said then turned back to the building.

I pulled my gun out then reached for the door, seeing that it was locked. "Ugh." I mumbled then grabbed my knife and started picking the lock.

Once it was open I swung the door open, pulling my gun out. I was surprised to see that nobody was guarding the door. It was almost as if they knew I was coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did know.

After scanning the room a little more, I decided to move on. I was worried nobody was guarding because Julia was officially captured.

"Colby." Sam whispered as I hastily made my way towards the door. "What?" I asked and turned to face him. "What are you doing?" He asked as I shook my head. Before I could respond to him, I felt someone creep behind me and bring a cloth to my mouth.

I tried to fight them off but before I could do anything about it I was passing out.

Waking up was rough. It felt like my entire body was hit by a truck. I knew I had fucked up but I didn't realize how bad until I looked up to see a girl with black shaggy hair sitting across from me.

Her arms were crossed as she leaned back in her chair, her eyes lazily on me.

Something about this girl reminded me of someone. It's like I knew exactly who she was but I couldn't put my finger on it.

She was staring at me with an uneasiness, almost as if she recognized me, too.

"Morning." She said and stared at me. "Where is she?" I asked as she twirled a knife in her fingers aimlessly.

"Probably somewhere getting what she deserves."  The girl hummed, looking down. "Where the fuck is she?!" I snapped, feeling my heart ache.

I watched she she chuckled, mumbling something under her breath.

Before I could ask her what she said, the door was opening.

"Margaret, you're dismissed. I want to talk to Colby." Julia's mom said, causing my heart to sink.

Knowing she was a part of this meant that things were going to be bad for Julia.

"Where is she?" I asked as the horrible woman in front of me shook her head.

"Why would you want to find her? After everything she did." She said as I narrowed my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as she hummed. "She's not what you think she is." She said and walked in front of me.

"She's been lying to you this entire time, Colby." She explained as anger welled inside of me.

How the fuck could Julia be lying about everything? Why would she lie?