139

I clenched my jaw as I went over to the table by the door that we kept a knife in.

I didn't like the idea of keeping weapons around since the kids were young but I needed to be able to protect them.

Once I had the knife, I slowly opened the door revealing the "threat" that was here.

"What are you doing here?!" I asked as Sam smiled and opened his arms. "I'm here to surprise Colby." He said then pulled me into a hug.

"You're fucking huge, dude." He said as I laughed. "Oh, thanks." I said causing him to chuckle.

"In a good way. How are you feeling?" He asked as I sighed. "Been better, definitely have been worse." I said then stepped aside he could come into the house.

"Colby just left to go get the kids, he'll probably be back in fourty five minutes but could be an hour if Juniper convinces him to get them a snack." I explained as Sam nodded.

"Yeah, I was waiting for him to leave." He said as I led him to the guest room.

"Make yourself at home. Colby is gonna be really happy to see you." I said with a smile.

"He called me the other day and seemed really stressed out." He said as I nodded.

"It's been a lot here. I think he doesn't want to admit that he misses you guys." I said with a sigh.

"I know how it is though. He loves me but he always loves all of you and loves the danger of the crime world." I said as Sam nodded slowly.

"I think he's changed since he found out about the baby." Sam said as I sat on the bed.

"He's always loved the idea of getting to the top of the crime world. He was close, but there were always the underground guys who you know about." He explained.

"Obviously since you he's become softer but since the baby I don't think he's wanted to turn back to his old life at all." He said with a sigh.

"He put the decision in my hands." I said with a sigh. "Because you're on top, Jules. You did something none of us could ever do." He said as I looked down.

"So what should I do?" I asked and rubbed my belly.

"Are you really even considering being a part of the gang and leading the crime world?" Sam asked as I shrugged.

"It's not completely off the table. It's good money and it's a good way to protect the kids." I said then frowned.

"I just don't know if I can handle the trauma." I said and looked down. "I can't imagine how you've felt through all of this." Sam said, sitting next to me.

"Climbing to the top while being pregnant is insane." He said with a laugh.

"Killing both of my parents is also pretty insane." I said then glanced up at him. "It's unfortunate but it was necessary. They hurt you, Jules. They would keep hurting you." He said as I nodded.

"I know, I just feel for the kids. They'll never truly understand because they've never seen them like that." I said with a sigh.

"I worry that Colby and I will end up like them." I said then looked at my belly.

"You won't. Colby absolutely gushes about that baby. He's in love with her already, I know he would never do what your dad did to you." He said as I nodded.

"I'm sure my dad gushed about me, too." I said then shook my head and stood up.

"It doesn't matter right now. I'm glad you're here and I know Colby is going to be excited to see you." I said with a gentle smile.