160

Falling into a normal routine with the baby was hard to say the least.

Getting the kids to where they needed to be while being absolutely exhausted was a lot harder than we expected.

Sam stayed for a couple days to help us but needed to get back to LA which was expected and totally okay.

We were just grateful for his help at all.

Maisie was a good baby, but waking up every couple hours to either feed her or pump was slowly killing me.

Colby was doing the best he could but I was the one producing the milk so I had to wake up regardless.

"Sh sh shh." Colby hummed as he rocked Maisie, who was losing her absolute shit. "Her diaper is probably dirty." I mumbled with my eyes closed as I pumped.

"Oof- yeah she reeks." Colby said with a laugh. "Are you up for the task?" I asked and opened my eyes.

I have been nice to Colby, making him only change Maisie's diaper when she peed. He was still really bad at changing her but I was happy he was trying.

"I got this." He said then left to go to the nursery to change her. I sighed and leaned back, closing my eyes again.

I tried to bask in the silence for a second, because it had been an extremely long night and it was only 2am.

My moment of silence was cut short though as Colby came rushing towards the door with Maisie, who was wearing no pants.

"SOS Jules." He said as I sighed and opened my eyes. "What's going on?" I asked and stood up.

"Shit. Everywhere." Colby said as I breathed a laugh and followed him to the nursery.

I didn't know how he managed to get shit literally everywhere but he wasn't wrong.

"First things first, let me get this suction cup off." I said then started to clean up the breast pump so I could actually help him.

Once it was off and cleaned up I went over to Colby. "Maybe we should just give her a bath. This is pretty bad." I said as he sighed.

"I'm so bad at this." He groaned causing me to frown.

"You're new to all of this. Nobody is expecting you to be perfect." I said gently then brought my hand to his cheek. "You're already so amazing though." He said as I breathed a laugh.

"I've been taking care of babies since I was 10. I have an advantage." I said then raised up onto my tiptoes and kissed him.

"We're gonna handle this together." I said then turned to lead the way towards the bathroom.

When we got in there, I turned the faucet on then made sure it was a good temperature while Colby got Maisie undressed.

"Throw the soiled clothes in the basket, I'll wash it tomorrow." I explained as he nodded.

"Give me the sweet girl." I said and took Maisie from him. She was still crying which was hard because nothing hurt more than hearing your kid cry.

"I know, you're all messy." I said quietly then laid Maisie in her baby bathtub. Once she was in the warm water I started to gently wash her off.

This seemed to be relaxing for her because she almost immediately stopped crying.

"Yeah, it's like a little spa." I said as Colby came back into the room. "How's it going in here?" He asked and crouched next to me.

"We're having a little spa." I hummed as Maisie looked up at Colby. "Hi, my love." He said with a smile as he reached down to caress her cheek.

"I'm gonna go get you set up to get her dressed then I'm gonna head back to bed." I explained and stood up.