45

Everything started to get more difficult the longer we spent apart. Colby hasn't called or answered my calls in four days.

Today was the day of my first appointment for the pregnancy. I was absolutely terrified to learn more about what was going on and since Colby hasn't been answering its put a lot more stress on me.

The fact I was doing this on my own broke my heart.

"Alright, guys. Have a good day at school." I said as Jenna, Carter, and Sam got out of the car. "Bye, love you!" Sam said as the twins waved and skipped off to school.

"Ready for school, love?" I asked and looked back at Juniper. "I don't wanna go." She said with a sigh. I think Juniper was taking Colby's absence the hardest.

She hasn't been her bubbly little self, and she didn't want to do things she normally liked to do.

"But all your friends are at school. And you get to color and stuff." I said as she shook her head.

"I just wanna stay with you." She said as I sighed and looked back at her.

"I know you're sad, but we're gonna have the whoooole day tomorrow to hang out." I said as she frowned.

"I'm sick." She said then fake coughed.

I was such a pushover that I wanted to say she could stay with me but I couldn't tell her about my doctor's appointment because I couldn't tell her about the baby.

"Please, Juniper. Please just work with me here." I begged and reached my hand back. "What if Colby calls and I can't talk to him?" She asked as I sighed.

"He hasn't called in a long time, so I doubt he will today. We can try to call him later." I said as she frowned.

"He hates us now." She said as I shook my head. "No, he's just very very busy. Can I pretty please take you to school now?" I asked as she sighed.

"I guess." She said reluctantly as I nodded. "I promise you'll have a good day." I said then started driving.

I was running late to my appointment now so I had to kinda speed to Juniper's school.

I felt awful that she was so effected by all of this and she was sad.

I knew this information would make Colby feel bad because he really did love the kids. He didn't want to hurt them, but he needed to stay focused.

I would rather him be careful than him talk to us every day.

When we got to Juniper's school I quickly got her inside and got her situated in her classroom.

"Ma'am." Juniper's teacher said, stopping me from leaving. "Yes?" I asked as she sighed. "I needed to just speak to you for one moment." She said as I nodded and walked out of the room with her.

"Addie hasn't been herself lately, and I know it's none of my business but I wanted to make sure things were okay at home." She said as I nodded.

"My boyfriend lives with us and he's her best friend. He had to go away on business and hasn't had much time to talk to us so she's taking it very hard." I said with a sigh.

"I don't know how to help her, because he is just too busy and can't come home just yet." I explained.

"I think it's admirable that you're taking care of her and her siblings, there's four total, correct?" She asked as I nodded.

"And you're how old?" She asked as I chuckled. "Twenty five." I said causing her to smile.

"You're doing a great job. We try to get her to smile and laugh while she's here but I just wanted to check in." She said as I nodded.