100

I hated to admit that I felt so much better after Colby and I's intimate moment.

No matter how gentle Colby was with me after having sex, I felt so broken and almost dirty.

It was just a part of the trauma.

"You okay?" Colby asked as he came into the room with a wet washcloth. "Yeah." I said quietly, taking it from him so I could clean myself up.

"Do you feel better?" He asked and started putting his boxers on. "Yeah. Much better." I said as he grinned.

"We can do that any time you want." He said the leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss.

"No, we can't." I said with a sigh, standing up. "What do you mean?" Colby asked as I slowly started getting dressed.

"We aren't fucking in front of the kids." I said as he chuckled. "No, but we can fuck in my office." He said and pulled me into him by my waist.

"Or the infirmary. Or when the kids are sleeping." He said then kissed me. I sighed against his lips, letting him take control for just a second.

"We're not doing that." I said quietly then pulled away from him so I could keep getting dressed. "I'm sorry, Jules." He said with a sigh.

"I wish things could be different. I really do." He said as I pulled my shirt on. "I know. Can we get some food?" I asked as he nodded.

"Whatever you want, we'll get." He said with a grin then finished getting dressed.

"I have to pee. I'll be right back." I said then went to go pee. As enjoyable as sex was I was still so exhausted from just being pregnant.

I felt especially drained right now though, which maybe wasn't the best.

After doing my business I washed my hands then made my way back to the bedroom.

When I got back into the room, Colby was sitting on the bed staring at ultrasound that we got earlier today.

There was a soft look on his face as he admired the picture of our unborn child.

He was undeniably already in love with this kid.

I smiled, leaning against the doorframe. I couldn't help but admire how adorable he was being.

He stared for a couple more seconds before he looked up at me. "Ready?" He asked as I nodded and walked over to him.

"The baby is really cute." He said as I smiled and went to sit on his lap.

"Yeah. It feels kinda weird to keep calling our baby, it." I said as he grinned. "Wanna find out the gender?" He asked as I sighed.

"I do but..I'm scared." I said quietly, looking at the ultrasound. "I know, we're gonna keep this baby healthy and safe. Whether we find out the gender or not, we're gonna have this baby." He said as I nodded.

"You're right." I said then looked at the envelope that was sitting on the table.

"How do we wanna do this?" I asked as Colby reached for it. "We can just...look." I said as he chuckled.

"What if we involved the kids in it? I feel like it might be special for them to know before us." Colby said as I nodded.

"Could be. We should wait for them." I said with a nod. "When are we going back to LA?" I asked and stood up, taking the envelope from him and putting it back on the nightstand.

"In a couple days. We need to do some laundry and pack up more stuff for the kids. Carter has requested his ps5." Colby said as I stood up.

"I bet. Those kids are bored out of their mind down there. I feel terrible that we got to leave." I said with a sigh.