77

"What?" I asked and reached for the paper in his hand. I could feel my hands shaking as I read the note over and over again.

I wasn't done with the crime world even after what I had to do.

I felt the hot tears burning my cheeks as I looked up at Sam. "I know." He said as I shook my head. "What more do they want from me?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"They'll never stop, Julia. There's no running from it." Sam said as I shook my head. "I can't do this." I said as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Yes you can. We just have to come up with a plan. We're gonna figure it out." He said and gave me a hug.

I didn't know how he could be so optimistic about this considering we had four young kids to watch out for along with the baby in my stomach.

There was nothing about this that wasn't stressing me the fuck out.

"Sissy?" Juniper asked as she walked into the room, rubbing her eyes. "Yes, love?" I asked and pulled away, pulling myself together.

"Why'd you leave?" She asked with a frown then looked up at me. "I went to do the dishes." I said then crouched to be her level.

"We only have time to watch one more movie before we have to get the others from school." I said as she nodded.

"More cuddles." She said as I nodded. "More cuddles." I mumbled then took her hand and led her back to the living room.

I was stressed out about the note that we had just received but I knew I was fully capable with protecting this family.

I just didn't know what they wanted from me or what the note really meant.

Obviously it meant that they were watching me but what were they going to do? Was I going to be recruited to do more jobs?

I couldn't go through that again.

Juniper, Sam, and I watched a movie before it was time for us to get the other kids.

I felt myself getting progressively more on edge the longer I knew that someone was watching.

I had a sick feeling they've been watching this whole time though.

"Hey, guys." I said quietly as the older kids got in the car. "Hey, Jule." Carter said and patted my shoulder.

"Hi, Jule. Hi, Sam." Little Sam said as Juniper groaned.

"Am I chopped liver?" She asked causing little Sam to laugh. "No. I love you, little sis." He said then gave her a hug.

"How was school?" I asked as Sam started driving us home. "It was fine." Jenna said with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" I asked and looked back at her. "Can we talk about it later?" She asked as I nodded.

"Yeah." I said then reached back and took her hand and squeezed it once before tuning back around.

It was hard getting things back to normal before but it was now nearly impossible.

Knowing that there was danger looming around us was killing me.

Knowing that there was a chance that things were going to get messy made me want to just take myself out to protect the kids.

If I had to kill them too, I wouldn't be able to live with myself anyways.

When we got back to the house, the kids dispersed to their rooms, except for Juniper who was still with me.

She's been attached to my hip since Colby's death which was understandable.

It was hard seeing her so sad considering how lively and happy she was before all of this went down.