123

Colby's POV

"I'll take care of her." Nate said as I set Juniper on her feet. "I'll join you guys in a minute, I just want to check on Jules." I said as Nate nodded.

"Take your time. We're gonna go find a snack." Nate said and took Juniper's hand.

"Hurry back." Juniper said with a serious tone as I grinned. "Just gotta give sissy a fairytale kiss so she can way up." I said then winked at her before turning towards the others.

It was hard trying to stay strong knowing that the kids were going to have to see Julia as beaten and battered as she was.

They've seen her hurt before but this was next level.

Julia's throat was slashed and she was stabbed a couple of times. Not to mention she was shot by Snake.

She lost so much fucking blood.

"Ready?" I asked the three older kids as they nodded. "What happened to her?" Little Sam asked as I sighed.

"Do you really want me to get into it?" I asked quietly. "Tell us everything. We can handle it." Jenna said as I nodded.

"I'll give you little bits at a time." I said as I opened the door to where Julia was.

I felt my heart ache, seeing how damaged she looked. She was attacked to a bunch of monitors, including ones that were monitoring the baby.

"What the hell happened?" Jenna asked with a thick voice as adult Sam looked up. I didn't even realize he was sitting in here with Julia but it didn't surprise me.

"I know you wouldn't want her to be alone so I sat with her until you came around." Sam said with a reassuring smile.

"I appreciate that." I said quietly as he stood up. "Hey, guys." He said and waved to the kids. "Hi, best friend." Little Sam said with a grin. "Hey, best friend. Long time no see." Adult Sam said then came over and ruffled little Sam's hair.

"Are we gonna get to stay with you guys?" He asked with a hopeful tone as Jenna walked up to Julia.

"I'm not sure. We can talk about this more in a little while. Visit with Jules." Sam said then left the room.

"Tell us what happened." Jenna snapped as I sighed. "It's a long story, Jen." I said quietly. "Well tell us something!! Look at her!" Jenna yelled as Carter frowned.

"Did you do this?" He asked as I shook my head. "No." I said then went over to the bed, taking Julia's hand.

"She had a lot of people out to get her." I explained, keeping my eyes on Julia. "She fought all of them by herself. She won but obviously got injured." I said as Carter looked up at me.

"Where were you?" He asked as I frowned, slowly running my fingers through Julia's hair. "I was being tricked. They wanted me to be against your sister and I fell for it." I said with a shameful tone.

"How could you do that? Julia would never trick you." Little Sam said as I nodded. "I know that." I hummed and looked at Julia again.

"I was wrong and I'm sorry." I said not only to the kids but Julia. I didn't know if she could hear me but I was going to spend the rest of my life apologizing to her.

"Who was after her?" Carter asked as I closed my eyes. This was the part of the story I didn't know if I wanted to tell them that their mother was involved.

I knew I was going to leave out that Julia was the one to kill her.

"A lot of people. But she's tough and fought hard." I said then leaned down and kissed Julia's forehead.