153

"She's perfect." I whispered and looked up at Colby as I rubbed our baby's back.

"Yeah." Colby said simply, admiring not only the baby on my chest, but me as well.

We were having some alone time with our baby, since I was stitched up and cleaned up. For the first two hours I was the only one allowed to hold her so I could create the bond we needed.

"We gotta name her." I said gently, looking at our daughter with a thoughtful look.

I was expecting to know what her name should have been just by looking at her, but I was disappointed that nothing really stood out.

"What are you thinking?" Colby asked and admired the sleeping baby.

"I don't know." I said quietly. I already felt like a horrible mother because she didn't have a name. It wasn't that we didn't put any thought into it, it was that I didn't want to make a mistake and name her something she would hate.

There was just a lot of pressure and I wanted to meet her before giving her a name.

"Hey, it's okay." Colby said gently, then wiped a tear that had trickled down my cheek.

"I feel like a bad mom." I whimpered. "You are not a bad mom, Jules. You're a badass who gave birth to a baby without any medication." He said as the baby fussed.

"See, even she knows you're acting crazy." He said as I sniffled. "Yeah..I just feel like we should have a name for her." I said then kissed her head.

"Okay, we'll each say a name and see which one we like more." He said as I nodded.

"You go first." I said as he crouched down and looked at her. "Maybe...Isabel." He said as I pursed my lips.

"I don't know why but I'm still stuck on Maisie." I said as the baby snuggled into me, making the cutest little noise.

"I think she likes it." Colby said as I looked up at him.

"What do you think?" I asked as he grinned. "Maisie Brock." He said as my eyes watered. "It's perfect." He said then leaned in and kissed me.

"No middle name though, just like her beautiful mom." He said as I started to cry.

I expected to be emotional after giving birth but it felt like I was going to explode from the amount of emotions swirling through me.

"Oh, Jules." Colby said with a laugh. "I love her so fucking much." I cried out then kissed her head.

"I do, too. She's literally the cutest baby I've ever seen. Granted I haven't seen too many babies." Colby said as I grinned.

"I won't tell Juniper you said that." I hummed as Maisie started to fuss.

"Oh. No, it's okay. Shhh you're okay." I whispered, trying to soothe her.

"Is she okay?" Colby asked as I frowned. "I don't know." I said as she started to cry. "Oh, Maisie girl." I said as someone came in.

"Oh, I came at the perfect time." The woman said as I glared at her. "I can take care of my own baby." I snapped as she breathed a laugh.

"Of course you can, hon. I'm Donna, the lactation specialist." She said as I pursed my lips.

"She's probably hungry and looking for some milk, that's why I said that." She said and put some gloves on. "Oh...sorry." I said as she shook her head.

"Not a problem at all. I'm just here to help." She said with a smile.

"Okay, what do I do?" I asked as Maisie cried in my arms. "You're gonna wanna hold her like this, and we're gonna see what she naturally does. Some babies latch immediately and some need some guidance." She explained and helped me position Maisie is the way I needed her to be.