81

Saying goodbye to everyone when I knew my fate was on the line was hard.

Knowing that it was possibly my last time ever seeing my siblings made my heart shatter to the point that I couldn't contain the tears anymore.

I sobbed on the drive back to Pop's house. I wanted to think things were going to be alright but there was an ominous feeling surrounding me.

This was going to be the end of my life.

When I got there I made my way inside and then towards Pop's office. When I knocked on the door he responded almost immediately, telling me to come in.

I opened the door and wiped my cheek before entering the room.

"Why so sad?" He asked as I shook my head. "Let's just get this all over with." I said quietly.

"Now what kind of host do you think I am? Let me at least show you to your room." He said then stood up.

"Follow me." He said then led the way out of the room. I reluctantly followed, not giving a fuck about where I was going to be staying.

I just wanted to get this over with.

We walked down the hallway until we reached a door that I knew all too well.

"This is your room. You're to stay in here at all times, well, until you are needed." Pops said then opened the door.

I felt my heart climb to my throat, seeing the trail of blood on the floor. It resembled what it would look like if you dragged a bloody body across the floor.

They were making me stay in the room that Colby was killed in.

"Your first mission will be tonight. Get comfortable." He said then pushed me into the room, and closed the door.

I felt my heart clench in my chest as I stared at the chair that Colby was previously sitting in.

It was cruel to make me sit in this room, so I would be reminded of what I did.

Maybe I would feel closer to him in a way.

I didn't know if I believed in life after death but all I could hope was that he was with me and was going to protect me and our child.

I sat on the floor, since there wasn't even a bed in here for me to sleep on, and just stared at the wall in front of me.

I knew I signed up for this torture by making this deal but I deserved it after everything I've done.

After sitting in silence for hours, the door finally opened revealing one of Pops' guards. "Get up." He grumbled as I nodded and stood up.

Once I was standing the guy dragged me out of the room and towards Pops' office. "Go on." He said as I nodded and opened the door.

"Ah, Juliana. Settling in?" Pops asked as I nodded. "Sure." I said simply, not wanting to indicate that I was even upset.

If he knew he was getting to me he would keep pushing.

"I have a mission for you. There's an address for you to take these drugs to." He said and slid me a package.

"Are they all there?" I asked and raised my brows, remembering the last time he sent me on a drug run.

"Yes, they are all there. I know you're a junkie so I expect they all make it to their destination." He said as I rolled my eyes and grabbed the package.

Sure, I would give anything to be high and to be numb to all of this nonsense, but I was pregnant and it was actually going well for the first time.

I wasn't about to fuck it up.