140

"Jules, darling." Colby hummed as he shook my shoulder slightly. "What?" I asked groggily as I was pulled from my sleep.

"I know I shouldn't be waking you up but you'll be mad if you don't sleep at all tonight." Colby said as I opened my eyes.

"You're right." I said and rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked and sat up. "Seven." He said as I sighed. "Fuck. Did you guys eat? Did the kids do their homework?" I asked as he chuckled.

"It's all taken care of. We gotta get you some food." He said then took my hands so he could help me up.

"Do you know what you want to eat? I'll get you anything." He said as I stretched, groaning at the pain that was filling my whole body.

"You okay?" He asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I'm just hurting a bit. Maybe we can take a walk?" I asked as he nodded.

"I'll order your food and we can talk a walk while they deliver it." Colby said as we made our way out of the room and downstairs.

When we got downstairs I could hear the kids laughing and talking to Sam.

"They love Sam, don't they?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah, he's really buttering them up." Colby said as I chuckled.

"Oh, god. What is he doing?" I asked with a laugh as we walked into the living room.

When we got in there all of the kids were eating ice cream and playing a board game. "Well look who's up." Sam said as the kids all looked at me.

"We thought you were in a coma." Juniper said as I shook my head. "Nope. Just exhausted." I huffed out. "I know that noise." Colby said as I narrowed my eyes. "What do you mean?" I asked as he breathed a laugh.

"What would you like to eat, sweetheart?" He asked as I raised my brows. "No. What was that supposed to mean?" I asked and crossed my arms.

"That you're hangry!" Carter said with a laugh. "I am not hangry!" I snapped as Colby nodded. "You're right. You need to eat though, so what would you like?" Colby asked gently as adult Sam chuckled.

"What are you laughing at, Sam? You think this is funny?" I asked as he nodded. "A little bit, Jules. I just like seeing your feisty side." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I said then snatched Colby's phone and looked through his delivery app so I could order myself some food.

Once my food was ordered I handed the phone to Colby. "Walk?" He asked as I nodded.

"Okay, we'll be back guys." He said then took my hand and led the way out of the house. "You doing okay?" Colby asked as I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why wouldn't I be okay?" I asked as he shrugged.

"You seem a bit tense, love." He reminded gently. "I am not tense! Why does everyone suddenly think I'm tense?" I asked as he sighed.

"I guess we're reading you wrong. What did you order for food?" He asked, clearly trying to change the subject.

"Food." I grumbled. "Oh, okay. Word." Colby said as I nodded and looked straight ahead as my body clenched with a contraction.

I was experiencing some serious Braxton Hicks contractions which was normal according to our doctor, but they sucked so bad.

"It's okay, Jules. It'll be over in a second." Colby encouraged as I closed my eyes and nodded. Only a couple seconds passed before my body relaxed. "That was good, love." He said then kissed my head.

"Don't touch me." I said as he chuckled and took a step back. In the back of my head I knew I was being ridiculous, but at the same time I just needed to not be touched in this moment.