145

"Please induce me." I groaned, looking at my doctor as she did our 37 week ultrasound.

"Sorry, girl. I know you're uncomfortable but baby is on her own timeline now." Dr.
Moore explained.

"But....what if I explode?" I asked as she laughed, nodding slowly.

"I've been doing this for a while and I have never once seen someone explode." She said as I frowned.

"Has she even dropped yet?" I asked her. "She's in position but hasn't dropped yet, you'll know when she does." She explained.

"Just take it easy for the next couple weeks. Things are gonna get real sooner than you think." She said then cleaned me up.

"Would it be frowned upon to try to naturally induce labor?" Colby asked as he helped me sit up.

"Not at all. You can try anything you want but baby is on her own timeline. If she's gonna camp out she's gonna camp out." Dr. Moore said as I stood up.

"Oh, I'm gonna get her out." I said as she laughed. "Just be safe and call me if you think you're going into labor. If things don't progress naturally we'll induce you after 40 weeks." She said as I nodded.

"Sounds good. Let's go." I said to Colby then took his hand.

We made our way out of the doctors office then towards the car. When we got there I opened the door to the backseat.

"What are you doing?" Colby asked as I raised my brows.

"Quickie in the back seat." I said as his jaw dropped. "Woah girl." He said with a laugh. "That's how you induce labor." I said and pouted my lip.

"We aren't doing that right now, Jules." Colby said with a laugh. "It's because I'm ugly now, isn't it?!" I wailed as his eyes widened.

"Woah! No, Jules. No." He said then wrapped his arms around me.

"We have to pick up the kids but tonight I will absolutely have sex with you if that's what you want." He said and scratched my back gently.

"I'm just so uncomfortable." I said with a sniffle as he brushed my hair behind my ear. "I know. You're doing so great though. I am so proud of you, sweetheart." He said gently as he wiped my tears.

"I wish I was able to enjoy this a little more. I don't want to regret anything once she's here." I said with a sniffle as he helped me get in the car.

"I think there's just a lot of pressure on you both literally and figuratively." Colby said then got in the car.

"I know you want her out because it's uncomfortable, but try to enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy." Colby reminded gently.

"Easy for you to say. All of your organs are in their assigned spots." I grumbled. "I know. I haven't held our daughter yet though. She's spent every single moment of her life with you so far." He said as my eyes watered.

"Oh yeah..." I said quietly and put my hand on my belly.

"She can't come out. Not now or ever. She's safe in here." I said and rubbed small circles against my stomach.

"She'll be safe out here, too. That I'll make sure of." Colby said then reached over and took my hand as he drove to pick the kids up.

When we got to the school we picked all the kids up, but there was a little more commotion than usual.

"Jule!" Sam gasped as the only he approached the car.

"What's going on?" I asked with a sense of urgency and panic. "Carter is fighting someone!" He said as my eyes widened.