85

He wasn't real.

My brain was moving eight million miles a minute, trying to figure out how my dead boyfriend was stood right in front of me.

I must have been dead because I couldn't feel any pain. That's why Colby was here with me.

I was dead.

It wasn't until I was opening opening my eyes to the harsh lights of a hospital room that I realized I was alive.

And Colby wasn't here.

I felt the tears burning my eyes, realizing I would have to go through the loss of Colby all over again.

I looked down to see I was hooked up to a bunch of monitors. I had a sick feeling that I lost this baby too which made everything so much worse.

I lost everything.

"Good morning, Briana." A nurse said as she came into the room. I frowned and looked up at her, feeling myself break once again.

"Oh. Oh, it's okay sweetie." The woman said as I covered my face.

"Is he dead?" I cried out as she came over and handed me a tissue. "Who?" She asked and started getting my vitals.

I wanted to respond but couldn't get passed the sobs.

"How about I get the doctor in here and we can talk about your baby." She said as I nodded.

"Do you want your husband to be in here with you?" She asked as my hands shook. "My husband?" I asked as she nodded.

"Yeah, the guy who brought you in." She said as my heart sped up.

Was Colby actually alive?

"Can you get him?" I whispered. "Yeah, of course. Just try to relax." She said then went to leave the room.

I wiped my eyes and put my hand on my belly. I was so worried about the baby that I was feeling sick.

It didn't seem like Pops was able to do too much damage, but any damage could be fatal.

After what felt like forever, the nurse was coming back with Colby and a doctor.

I felt the tears immediately form as Colby came into the room.

It was so surreal that he was actually here.

"I'm here, sweetheart." He said quietly and walked over to my side, taking my hand.

I stared at him in disbelief, still trying to figure out if I was dead, dreaming, or just fucking insane.

I killed him. How could he be standing here holding my hand.

"Is the baby okay?" Colby asked and looked up at the doctor.

"The baby has been put through a lot of stress but we've stabilized its vitals." The doctor said as my heart ached.

"Briana, your injuries were extensive as well, but have been stitched up." He said as my eyes widened.

"I don't feel any pain." I whispered then looked up at Colby.

"The narcotics we used are safe for your baby. Don't worry about that." The doctor said as I shook my head.

"I-I'm an addict." I trembled as Colby smoothed my hair back. "Oh my.." The doctor said as Colby shook his head.

"You're gonna be okay. We'll get you through it, just don't give her any more." He explained then looked up at the doctor.

"I apologize." The doctor said as I shook my head, keeping my eyes on Colby.