122

Colby's POV

"Are they on their way?" I mumbled, looking down at my hands as I sat in my old office.

I had just gotten done being patched up from my own injuries but I didn't feel any of them.

I've been numb to the pain because I was so beyond worried about Julia and our baby. They were fighting so hard and I was beyond guilty.

There hasn't been any news about how Julia or the baby have been doing but I guess no news is good news in that sense.

They would have told me if she was dead.

Maybe they wouldn't though. Maybe they would know that it would absolutely break me and send me into a spiral that I wouldn't be able to get out of.

Now that there was virtually no danger surrounding us, I would be the danger everyone would fear.

I would never forgive the crime world for taking the love of my life away from me.

We tried to escape. We tried to live a normal life but got sucked back in. It was all my fault.

"Yeah, they're on their way." Sam said as I nodded. "Do you want to go check on her?" He asked quietly.

"I don't know if I can." I said and twisted my rings nervously. "Want me to do it?" He asked as I shrugged.

"If you want to." I said causing him to sigh. "I know you're not giving up on her." He said causing me to look up at him.

"I'm not, Sam. It just hurts to know what I did." I said as he shook his head. "Alright, enough is enough. What the fuck happened?" He asked with a hint of anger in his tone.

"They manipulated us and I fell for it." I said then looked down.

"Julia's mom, Snake, and Gold had Julia convince me that everything was a lie and that she was a part of this entire plan." I explained, not looking up at him.

"I fell for it. I really believed she would betray me like that." I said as my eyes watered.

"I let her go into battle against five people by herself." I said and wiped my eyes.

"She kicked their asses though. I don't even know how she pulled that off." Sam said as I shook my head. "She was fighting for our daughter. I know she was." I said then stood up.

"I should check on them." I mumbled as Sam sighed.

"Let me go. You're really fragile right now, bro. I'll go check on them and see what's going on." Sam assured as I looked up at him.

"You don't want me near her." I said as he shook his head. "I never said that." He said simply then went to leave the room.

I would understand completely if he felt that way, considering I betrayed Julia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Julia hated me forever.

I sat in silence for a couple minutes before Sam was coming back.

"How are they?" I asked, standing up immediately. "No real update. They're getting her patched up and just worked on a test to check her blood. OB just got here." Sam explained as I nodded.

I could feel my stomach aching, knowing that Julia was fighting for her life.

I was so beyond proud of her for fighting everyone off and killing the top dogs of the crime world.

I always knew she was strong but I didn't know she could take on anything this intense by herself.

I should have been there to help her though.