131

"How much longer?" Sam asked as I yawned and looked over at Colby. "Thirty minutes for tonight." Colby said quietly.

"You doing okay?" I asked as he nodded and took my hand.

We've been driving all day and we were hardly even half way there. I felt bad that we all had to drive on this long ass road trip because I was pregnant.

Nobody really seemed to be complaining too much about it.

Jenna and Carter were getting along better than before which was helpful.

Sam spent most of the road trip listening to music or would occasionally spend some time playing a road game with Juniper.

I was trying to stay awake so I could keep Colby company. It was incredibly hard to even keep my eyes open though.

We drove for thirty more minutes before Colby was pulling into the parking lot of a hotel.

"Stay here. I'll get some rooms." Colby said then got out of the car. Before I could argue or offer for us to come with he was getting out of the car and walking towards the hotel.

"Is everyone awake?" I asked and turned back to look at the kids.

"Juniper is fast asleep." Sam said as I nodded. "I can handle that." I said then turned straight ahead.

We waited in silence for a couple minutes before Colby was opening my door. "Okay, sweetheart. Come on." Colby said and held his hands out to help me out of the car.

"Come on guys." I said to the kids, letting Colby help me. I was honestly impressed with how much my belly grew while I was recovering.

I wasn't too big that I couldn't get around, but I was getting close to that point for sure.

Once I was out of the car, Colby went to grab Juniper from the back seat while the kids grabbed their bags.

There was a pleasant silence that was surrounding us since we were all so fucking tired.

It was going to feel so nice to be able sleep in a bed after being cramped in a car.

"I got us two rooms with a shared door." Colby explained as I nodded. "As long as there are beds, I'm good." I said with a yawn as the baby kicked me.

We silently made our way upstairs and to our rooms. "There are two beds and a pull out couch in each room. I don't care how you want to split up." Colby said and handled me the keys so I could unlock the doors.

"I'll take the couch. You two can have the beds." Carter said as Jenna shook her head.

"We can share a bed. It'll be more comfortable." She said, warming my heart. "Alright. Goodnight, Colby. Goodnight, Jule." Carter said as I hugged each of them.

"Goodnight, knock on our door if you need anything." I said as Colby went into our room so he could put Juniper to bed.

"Love you." I said then kissed each of their heads as they walked into their room. Once they were situated I waited to hear them lock the door then went into Colby and I's room.

"Should I put her in some pajamas?" Colby asked as I shook my head. "It's not worth it. She's obviously comfortable enough to sleep." I said as he nodded as put her in bed, covering her with the blanket.

"She's so cute." He said as I walked over to the bed, grimacing at the pain that was coursing through my body.

I was confused as to how I could be in so much pain after sitting in the car all day but it was reality.

"You okay?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I'm hurting but I'll be okay." I said as he pulled his shirt off and laid on the bed.

"Come here." He said then pulled me into his arms. I sighed with content, missing how it felt to be in his arms.