138

"Ready, babe?" Colby asked as I struggled to put my shoes on. "No." I said with a sigh as he walked up to me.

It's been a couple more weeks and I was growing so quickly that I was starting to get uncomfortable.

I didn't know how I was going to make it to the full fourty weeks, but I was beyond excited.

Today Colby and I were going to another appointment for our girl.

"Oh, darling. Do you need help?" Colby asked as I nodded. "Please." I breathed out, leaning back. "You're such a cute pregnant girl, ya know that?" He asked and put my shoes on me.

"Why thank you." I said with a laugh and rubbed my belly.

"I just can't wait to meet her." I said quietly as she kicked. "Me neither. Hell, I can't even wait to see her today." Colby said then stood up straight.

I thought it was adorable how in love Colby was with our daughter. It was strange to think about how our relationship started vs how it was now.

He went from a scary guy who was holding a gun towards me to being my sweet and gentle fiancé who was excited to meet our daughter.

Although I didn't appreciate douchebag Colby who held a gun to my face, I loved his dangerous side.

I loved both sides of him.

"Ready now?" Colby asked as I nodded. "I'm gonna need a snack." I said as we slowly made our way out to the car.

"We're running a little late but we can get you something on the way back." Colby said as I nodded.

"Sounds good." I said as he helped me get in the car. Once I was in he got in the drivers seat and took my hand.

"Let's go see our girl." He said as I settled into the  seat.

We drove the doctors office then got ourselves checked in.

There was always an nervous feeling surrounding us when we were here. I wanted to only feel excited but Colby and I have been through so much it was hard to fully be happy about anything.

"It's okay, Jules. I feel you shaking." Colby said gently as he took my hand. "Yeah, I'm just nervous." I said and put my hand on my belly.

"About what?" He asked causing me to sigh. "I don't know. We just don't have the best luck." I said as he leaned over and kissed my head.

"I think things are turning around for us." He said quietly as the doors opened. "Briana Wilson?" The nurse asked as we stood up.

"How are you feeling, mama?" The nurse asked as I sighed. "Tired and feeling like a beached whale." I said causing her to laugh.

"We'll you look beautiful and you're glowing, right dad?" She asked and looked at Colby.

"Absolutely." He said with a smile, putting his hand on the small of my back.

When we got to the room the nurse took my vitals then sat at the computer. "Okay, we're having our thirty four week appointment, correct?" The nurse asked as I nodded.

"Perfect. We'll set you up with a urine test and Dr. Moore will do an ultrasound to check the position of the baby and you'll discuss your birth plan. Sound good?" The nurse asked as I nodded.

"Yep, sounds good." I said then looked at Colby. "She'll be in shortly." The nurse said then left the room.

"I get to piss in a cup today." I said causing Colby to laugh. "Lucky girl." He said with a laugh.

We waited for a moment before our doctor was coming in.

"Hey, guys!" Dr. Moore said with excitement. "Hi." I said with a smile, waving. "How are you feeling? You look great!" She said and grabbed my chart.