50

Colby's POV

"You said yes?!" Nate asked as we walked down the hallway and towards Sam's office. "Yep." I said simply, looking at the note I was holding in my hands.

"Why would you do that?" He asked as we walked into the room. "Because it's the way to get to Sam." I said and sat at the desk.

"Are you fucking dumb?" Nate asked as I clenched my jaw. "You don't get to fucking talk to me like that." I said and glared at him.

"Sorry. I just don't think this is a good idea. You don't know what these people are capable of." He said as I nodded.

"No, you're right. I don't give a fuck though. I'm sick of sitting here, pretending that something is going jump out at me." I said then leaned back.

It's been a couple days since we went to the house and I took on the position I was taking.

I've been trying to navigate the situation by myself with but finally needed to tell Nate.

I didn't have any idea what I was expecting to do for this mission, but I've been preparing for the worst.

"You really don't think this is a trap?" He asked as I opened the letter in my hand. "It might be, but I'll deal with that when I get there." I said then looked at the note.

9285 Reunion Dr. Meet for dinner banquet and for further instructions on October 19th at 6pm.

"I guess this is the next move." I said and held up to note. "Are we going?" Nate asked as I shook my head.

"I'm going. You'll be backup and Jake and Corey will stay here in case their goal is to infiltrate here." I explained as he sighed.

"I just don't think this is a good idea." Nate said as I nodded.

"Yeah, I can see where this can make you nervous but I just need to get this shit done so I can get back to Julia.

They know about her and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared about it." I explained.

"They know about her?" Nate asked as I nodded. "They're watching her and the kids. If I fuck up they'll get hurt and I can't have that." I said as someone knocked on the door.

"Yes?" I asked and leaned back, putting the note on the desk. "Hey, brother." Jake said and walked into the room.

"What's going on?" I asked with sigh. "You seem stressed." He said as I nodded.

"No shit." I mumbled. "I feel like we should go to dinner or something." He said as I scrunched my brow.

"Now why the fuck would we do that?" I asked as he shrugged. "I'm hungry." He said simply causing me to chuckle.

"Alright. Good enough reason for me." I said with a nod. "Really?" Jake asked as I nodded. "Yeah, I'll meet you at the car in like five minutes." I said as the guys nodded and stood up.

Things have been so serious the last couple days but I think it would be good to have moment where we could relax.

Once the guys left, I scrubbed my face with my hands. I knew things were possibly going to hit the fan very soon here.

I needed to be in the best headspace possible if things were going to work out.

I sat in silence for a minute before I stood up to leave the room. Before I could leave, I was being interrupted by my phone ringing.

When I looked to see who it was my heart stopped.

"Jenna?" I asked, answering the phone. "Colby, when are you coming back?" She asked with a determined tone. "I don't know. Is something going on?" I asked and leaned on the desk.