78

The next couple weeks flew by. There was a sense of fear and anxiety that was surrounding us.

Sam and I have been working at trying to get the kids packed up for LA, which was stressful.

I didn't know when we would be back here so I didn't know what we needed to pack.

Sam's been working behind the scenes with Nate, Jake, and Corey to ensure it was safe for the kids to be in the office.

As of this morning, it was finally deemed safe.

"Are you ready for me to bring these to the car?" Sam asked as I zipped up my bag.

"Uhhhh..yeah. I was thinking we could just go straight to LA after picking up the kids." I explained as he nodded.

"That's not a bad idea. Do you know if everyone has everything?" Sam asked as he took my bag. "I think so. I gave them final warning this morning." I explained as we left the room.

"Cool, we'll leave in a couple minutes." He said then went to go downstairs. I sighed then went to go get Juniper who was taking a nap.

I found myself melting at how adorable Juniper was while she slept.

That poor girl has been far from herself these days and it was breaking my heart.

There was nothing I could do to brighten her spirits, so I just had to wait until the grief settled in.

It could be a while.

"Juniper." I hummed quietly, sitting next to her as her face scrunched with fear. "Love?" I asked as she whimpered and hid her face in her pillow. Poor girl was having a nightmare.

"It's okay." I whispered and pulled her into my arms.

I was really starting to puff out, since I was getting progressively more pregnant, but I was lucky that I wasn't so big that I couldn't cuddle with Juniper.

Before I knew it she was crying in her sleep, breaking my heart even more. "I'm here, sweet girl. I'm here." I hummed, kissing her head.

After only a couple minutes she was finally waking up. "Sissy." She said and looked up at me. "Good morning." I said and brushed her hair back from her forehead.

"Scary dream." She said and hid her face in my chest. "I know, hon. We're gonna go on a little trip. Are you excited?" I asked as she frowned.

"Are we gonna forget about Colby if we go?" She asked as I shook my head. "Never." I said then kissed her head.

"Can I wear one of his sweatshirts?" She asked with a hopeful look on her face. "Yeah, come pick one out." I said then lifted her up and made my way to Colby and I's room.

When we got to the closet, I set her down and let her choose whichever sweatshirt she wanted.

It was going to break my heart when we ran out of clothes that smelled like him, so I tried to really limit when we were able to wear them.

I was leaving most of his clothes here but packed a couple things since I still needed comfort from the loss.

"This one." She said and pulled down a black sweatshirt with red lettering on it.

"Okay, kid. Arms up." I said as I took it from her. She lifted her arms up above her head then looked up at me.

I grinned then put it on her. It was hilariously cute how large it was on her five year old frame.

"It's like he's hugging me." She said as I nodded. "He gives the best hugs, doesn't he?" I asked as she nodded.

"Alright, let's get your bag then we can go." I said then lifted her up and propped her on my hip.