55

Jenna's POV

Julia paced the room in front of Carter and I. She looked like she was going to be sick or like she would pass out.

It's been a couple weeks since she's had a seizure so there was the possibility that she was about to have a really bad one.

"Julia, relax." I said quietly as she nodded and looked up at me.

"Um. Okay, I guess I just don't know where to start." Julia said and looked at her hands. She was picking at her nails which meant she must have been really nervous.

I couldn't exactly understand what was freaking her out so much. From what we heard her talking about, it just seemed like Colby was missing.

How could she be so nervous to tell us about it?

"Remember when I ran away?" She asked and finally looked up at us. "Yeah..you ran away to be with Colby." I said as she sighed.

"What if I told you that I never actually ran away and that I was kidnapped." Julia asked as Carter looked over at me with confusion.

"Mom and dad said you ran away. They didn't even bother looking for you." Carter said as Julia nodded.

"Because dad was involved in the same uh....field...as the people who took me." Julia said, which only confused me more.

"I'm confused." Carter said as I nodded. "I am, too."  I said causing Julia to sigh.

"Dad was a part of a gang. Actually, he was the leader of a gang." She said as I shook my head.

"God, you can't just let him rest, you have to make these ridiculous accusations about him?" I asked as her face shifted.

"I'm not accusing him, Jenna. He was a horrible man who did horrible things." She explained as Carter shook his head.

"Wait..you said that dad was in a gang and so were the people who took you...does that mean..." Carter said quietly as the pieces all added up.

"Colby kidnapped you." I said as she chewed her lip and looked away. "Ugh! Julia, really? You fell in love with a criminal?" I asked as she sighed.

"It's complicated, Jenna. So so so complicated." She said then started pacing.

"Wait, are we safe? He's not gonna kill us is he?" Carter asked as I shook my head.

"No. You are totally one hundred percent safe with Colby. He got out of the crime world to be with me and you guys...things just went horribly wrong." She said and looked away from us.

"So wait..were Colby and dad enemies?" Carter asked as Julia shrugged. "I guess you could say that." She said as my face fell.

"Did he kill him?" I asked as Julia gasped slightly. "Uh....no. No, he didn't." She said then turned away from us.

Weird.

"So like, is he in trouble? Did he go back to the crime world and is he gonna leave us?" Carter asked as Julia sighed.

"His best friend Sam went missing, that's why he went. Now he's missing which really isn't good." She said, her eyes watering.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked as she frowned. "I don't know." She said then wiped a tear from her cheek.

"You really want to be with someone who's dangerous like that?" I asked as she looked down.

"Jenna, I could never expect you to understand. Colby and I have been through so much and he's much more than just the danger." She said quietly.