149

Colby's POV

I would be lying if I said I wasn't as terrified as Julia was. This was something I have never dealt with and I was trying to say strong for Julia's sake.

I was ready to meet our daughter but I wasn't ready to see Julia be in so much pain.

Overall I was entirely out of my element. Of course I was going to help Julia as best as I could but I felt helpless.

I have seen so many people leave this life, and have even been the one to do it.

This was the first time I would bring someone into the world.

When we got to the hospital I pulled up to the curb and parked. "Wait here, sweetheart." I said then got out of the car.

I quickly made my way inside and towards the front desk.

"How can I help you, sir?" The lady asked as I walked up. "I called a couple minutes ago. My fiancé is in labor." I said, trying to remain calm.

"Briana Wilson, correct?" She asked as I nodded. "And where is she?" She asked with confusion.

"In the car. I wanted to make sure she was checked in before having her sit in here." I said as she smiled.

"Okay, we'll go ahead and go get her. I'll let Dr. Moore know you're here." She said as I nodded and made my way back to the car.

"What's going on? Are they not taking us yet?" Julia asked with a panic. "They are, we're gonna go in together. I gotta park the car." I said then went to park the car.

"Oh thank god." She breathed out and leaned her head back.

I could tell she was already getting tired which wasn't good considering how long the laboring process could be.

I was hoping she would be able to sleep a little bit.

Once I was parked I got out of the car and grabbed our bags before going to help Julia out of the car.

"Hold on." She whispered, her face scrunched with pain. "Okay, love. I've gotcha." I said gently, holding her hands and rubbing my thumbs along her knuckles.

"I'm good." She said then opened her eyes after a couple seconds. "Come on, sweetheart." I said then helped her get out of the car so we could go inside.

Once we were inside we were met by a nurse with a wheelchair. "Hey, mama!" She said with a smile as I helped Julia sit in the chair.

"Hey." Julia said quietly. "How are you feeling?" She asked as Julia reached for my hand. "It hurts, but I'm managing." She said as a contraction hit.

I was impressed by how well Julia was taking the pain of each contraction. I knew it was going to get worse but she was tough.

She was going to get through it and I was going to help her.

We were brought to our private room where Julia and the baby were hooked up to a million machines.

"Both your vitals and the baby's vitals are looking good. Dr. Moore will be in along with the midwife we have on duty." The nurse explained as Julia got fully settled in.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as the nurse left the room. "Tired. I'll never get over the sound of her little heartbeat." She said and looked over at the monitor that showed our daughters heart rate.

"I'll never get over his fast it is." I said and took Julia's hand, caressing it gently.

"I wish I could get some drugs." She whispered as she contracted. It was strange seeing the physical embodiment of the contraction on the screen beside her.