116

Colby's POV

"Thank fuck." I said as we finally got back on the road to Seattle.

It has been a rough couple of days being trapped in the middle of nowhere while the love of my life was putting her life at risk for no reason.

"Have you gotten in contact with Jeremy?" Sam asked as he sped down the road.

"Yeah, we're gonna go straight to his place. He found the warehouse so we'll go tonight." I said and texted Jeremy.

We were only five hours away at this point but Sam was speeding to get there. It was already bad enough that we were delayed for so long.

After driving for a while, I decided to give Nate a call so I could check on the kids.

"Hey, man. I see you got some service." Nate said as I nodded.

"Yep. Are the kids doing okay?" I asked and scrubbed my face with my hands. "Yeah, they're worried about you and Julia." He said as I sighed.

"I know. I wish I could say anything that would reassure them but I have a horrible feeling that it won't end well." I said and closed my eyes.

"You guys are going to figure this out, Colby." Nate said as I nodded. "We're gonna try." I said as Nate chuckled.

"I have someone here that wants to talk to you." Nate said as I nodded.

"Put her on." I said, knowing exactly who he was talking about.

"Colby?" Juniper asked quietly as I grinned. "Hey, kid." I said with a sigh. "When are you and sissy coming back?" She asked with a sad tone.

"I'm not sure. Hopefully soon." I said, keeping my tone level. "Is sissy okay?" She asked causing me to frown.

"She's gonna be okay." I said, not knowing if I fully meant that.

I knew I would do everything in my power to keep her safe but I wasn't sure what to expect.

"I want you guys to come back." Juniper whimpered. "I know, love. I wish we could come back right now but we still have stuff to do here." I said and looked over at Sam.

"We'll be back as soon as possible." I said as Sam looked over at me with a reassuring smile.

"Then when we come back we can take you guys out somewhere fun." I said causing her to gasp slightly.

"We'll be able to leave?" She asked with a hopeful expression. "Yes, ma'am." I said as she giggled. "Okay! I can't wait!" She squealed with enthusiasm.

"Be good for Nate and your brothers and sister. Okay?" I asked and looked out the window again. "Okay! Love you!" She said causing my heart to warm.

"I love you, too." I said then hung up. "We gotta get Julia home." I mumbled as Sam nodded. "We will." He said and focused on the road.

I appreciated his confidence considering the shitty situation we were getting into. He seemed to truly believe that we were going to be able to pull this off.

We drove for a couple hours before we got to Seattle. There was no time to waste so made our way to the old secret society base.

It felt weird to be back here and it was moderately illegal for me to be here since I promised the governor I wouldn't be back if we cut ties.

What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

"Colby." Jeremy said as he opened the door. "Hey, man. As much as I'd love to catch up let's walk and talk." I said as he nodded.

"Have you really not seen Julia?" I asked as we walked. There was a hesitation coming from him that made me automatically think whatever he was going to say was going to be a lie.