🤺Rivals🤺

"Y/n, are you almost ready!? We were supposed to be there by now!" My dad called.

Me and my family are a family of royals. Well... kind of. My dad is a very well respected mafia so everyone just considers us royalty. Tonight, we were invited to a masquerade ball at some castle. Pretty nice right?

I had finished putting the finishing touches on along with putting my mask on:

(Hairstyle and makeup of your choosing or go with your natural beauty)

I left my room and made my way down the stairs, seeing my family waiting for me downstairs.

"You look stunning." My dad told me.

I quickly thanked him as we left through our front door and went to the limo that's currently outside waiting for us.

"Remember... never take off your mask. I don't want people knowing who we are... who you are." My dad told me and my younger brother.

"Why not? Why cover up all the hotness to use on the ladies?" My brother said making me roll my eyes.

"Because... you kids are a spitting image of your mother and I... especially y/n. I don't want anything happening to you kids. I already have to live with the guilt of them taking and killing your mother. I promised her I would keep you kids safe so if anything happens, I won't be able to live with myself..."

"Sooo... what if I want to dance with someone?" I ask him.

"That's why yours has both the strap and the handle. The handle comes off." He told me.

Soon after, we arrived at this beautiful castle. There were numerous limos lined up in front of it with guests spilling out of them. I did enjoy the sight of the old lady falling out of one... it was quite funny.

Pretty soon it was our turn to get out of our limo and go inside the castle to enjoy ourselves. We had to put our masks on making all eyes on us since no one was wearing their masks yet. If anyone saw our faces, we would be taken and tortured. Or worse... murdered. I wasn't too concerned though. I always wear a garter on my thigh to keep a knife on me at all times.

When we walked inside the ballroom, there were waiters walking around with trays of champagne. I went up to one and grabbed a drink from off the tray, gradually sipping on it.

"I'm gonna go talk to some people. If anyone asks for a name, give them a fake one and stay safe." My dad then walked off leaving me and my brother alone together.