Chapter 13

Minjeong's mind was in a daze.

Jimin had been so silent towards her the past two days, and now, the answer had been finally revealed to her.

The moment her shaking hands held her right hand, he was dumbfounded. But the moment she held it firmly against her belly, an unexplainable feeling stirred inside of her chest. Minjeong could feel herself going mute.

"...I'm pregnant."

Those two words fell on her like a whole planet. Minjeong could feel her hands holding her tighter than before. It was like she was afraid Minjeong would let go of her.

Minjeong's heart began beating faster than before. Normal people would call it tachycardia, but it felt so different inside of her head. It was like she had found the missing piece of a puzzle.

Minjeong finally looked at her. Jimin was looking intently at her, waiting for an answer. Minjeong could see the nervousness in her eyes. She was afraid Minjeong would reject that child.

No, nothing like that.

The intimacy of the moment they were sharing was unexplainable for her. It was like the whole world had stopped functioning, and the only people that existed in the world were them. It was like their hearts were beating in unison, like they could read each other's thoughts without sharing a single word.

Minjeong lift up her left hand, and touched her right cheek delicately.

"Jimin ah..."

She bit her lip, containing her tears.

"It's a baby...Our baby."

Minjeong smiled and leaned down, softly pressing her lips against hers. Minjeong breathed in and took her hand off of her belly, stepping closer to her and holding both of her cheeks with her hands as she kissed Jimin deeper.

Minjeong broke the kiss gently and paused her forehead against hers, breathing out a smile.

"Did you find it out with the blood test?" Minjeong whispered, looking intently at her.

She smiled back, "It had a page written in German at the end which I couldn't understand...I went to Ryujin's and asked her for a translation, and she told me...she told me it was written there that I was pregnant..."

"How long?"

Jimin giggled softly, "I've been carrying our child for three weeks and I didn't even realize it."

Minjeong laughed lightly and kissed her again, this time deeper than before. She moaned softly and held her head with her hands, pushing her towards her.

"I'm so happy," Minjeong whispered, "I love you so much..."

Minjeong broke the kiss and lift her up, spinning her softly around, "We're having a baby!"

Jimin screamed lightly and Minjeong decided to leave her on the floor. Minjeong couldn't contain her joy as she kissed her again, cradling Jimin in her arms as she deepened the kiss. Jimin smiled and held her chin, kissing her deeper. She broke the kiss, making a faint smack sound.

"I thought you would be mad..."

Minjeong smiled back at her and pecked her lips with a loud smack.

"How could I?"

She bit her lip, "I actually have something else to tell you besides that," She muttered, her lips curving up, "First ultrasound is tomorrow at 4PM. Do you think you can make it?"

Minjeong pursed her lips, "My classes end at that hour," Minjeong sighed, "Buuut," Minjeong pinched her cheek, "I promise you I'll try to go, okay?"

"...The gynecologist told me that we can hear the baby's heart already."